Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After downloading to the computer and to the kindle yesterday I noticed a ghost on the screen.  It was not too bad but I was concerned it could get worse.  I went through all the tips and FAQs and could not find anything, however, it appeared that most problems, not all, could be solved with a soft reset.  With trepidation I tried it - lo and behold it worked!!!  Hope it sticks.  8)

Just a FYI for y'all

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marianner said:
There is always a ghost after you disconnect the Kindle from the USB. Multiple users have reported it, and I've seen it consistently myself. I wouldn't worry about it unless it didn't disappear after a couple of page turns.
I had not seen it before and it didn't disappear either, that's why i was concerned. But glad to know that it is not unusual. That big circle sorta got in my way :mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have this on mine sometimes when it's been on a screensaver and then I turned it off. I see it when I turn the Kindle back on... the 'ghost' is of the screensaver. It goes away, though, and isn't an image that's frozen onto the screen all the time. I figure it's just something with the eInk? technology. As long as it isn't permanent, it doesn't bother me. Also, it doesn't do it all of the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts