Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant install new screen saver when i add all i get is blank screen i put "random" file in linkss nothing i put it  in screensaver zip... Any Clue??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put all my old ones in to get rid of blank screen but none of my new ones are showing.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Did you do a restart (Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart) after putting your image files in the folder?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you do a restart (Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart) after putting your image files in the folder?

Yes i just did that.  That made all the old dead kindle screen savers come back on. Was that supposed to happen? i put new ones in there not showing i got all pics from this board

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart

that seamed to restore it to original now my old screen saver are not showing and    the "new" ones  are not showing only the original ones are showing

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
DAFAM said:
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Restart

that seamed to restore it to original now my old screen saver are not showing and the "new" ones are not showing only the original ones are showing
So are you saying that at one point the hack was working and you were seeing your own custom screen-saver images? If so, then I have no idea what could have happened, and you might want to try PM-ing NiLuJe to see if he can help debug what's going on, though it sounds as if the hack is no longer in effect -- maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats exactly  what i'm sayin. I even have all the folders. linkss is still there. I might try to uninstall reinstall.  Thank you for trying to help. kindle 3 wifi-3g up to date firmware etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you add new screensavers after the first set (i.e. you've added some, unplugged it to look at them, then plugged it back in to add some more) you need to put a blank file with the name "reboot" in the linkss folder, if you're on Windows I've been writing some software that does it all for you (You have to jailbreak it yourself first) http://www.littlebeagle.co.uk/ksm/kindleMain.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts