Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a two Kindle 2 family and I thought I would share a problem we just experienced while on vacation.  While turning off our older Kindle 2 (3 months old) the image that is displayed when the Kindle is at rest and not completely off (usually an image of an author etc.) shifted over to the left of the screen.  The other right half of screen was filled with various widths of black vertical lines.  Machine refused to shut off. 

We called Amazon service and they asked that we slide on/off button to the right and hold for 25 seconds and see if that fixed it and it did not.  They promptly mailed out a new Kindle to replace it - no questions asked.  Friday the screen was inoperable and Monday the Kindle arrived in the mail. We were asked to return the damaged Kindle 2 back to Amazon. 

Just thought we would share.  It was a relief that the service was prompt, but obviously this is a problem Amazon is familiar with.  Unfortunately, one of us could not read their Kindle 2 for the few remaining days left on vacation.  So far, happy ending.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I'm also glad you got a replacement promptly. Amazon CS is usually pretty good. This is stupid and really just for my own curiosity but I just wish there was a way for Amazon to update you after they get the damaged kindle back and tell people what the problem was.

Not that it matters what the original problem was because they give you a new Kindle and your problem is solved but for my curiosity I always wonder,"what happened that made that kindle go crazy/wacky"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.