Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't recall doing anything to cause the screensaver to malfunction on my new Kindle 2. Is this a problem I can fix. Or do I have to reset? If I need to open the Kindle, how do I do so without causing even more trouble?

PS: I've already tried to reset to factory settings. Now when I go to settings I only get the page which starts Registration, Device Name, Device E-Mail, Personal Info. I can't get past it.

I hope I didn't buy Kindle 2 too soon.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Did you do a hard reset by holding the on/off button for fifteen  or twenty seconds? Be sure that the Kindle is unplugged when you do this. You shouldn't have to go into the settings.

·
Super Moderator
67,556 Posts
Marianner is right. . . .I'm pretty sure that, while they'll likely send you a new one if you report that the screen stopped working properly, they'll almost certainly not replace it if you've managed to take it apart at all.  Better safe than sorry. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, i just ordered another one. The old one was in my backpack and I must have bumped it without realizing it. I can get it repaired or use the sound feature.
The new one will stay home until I have a cover for it. And, I will keep the packaging. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.