Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my Kindle goes into the sleep mode I can't seem to wake it up.  I have to turn it off and back on.  Is there a trick to waking up my Kindle.  Thank you :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Great!

By the way, for new Kindle owners, we recommend our own Leslie's Amazon FAQ.  A link to it is in the lower right hand corner of each page.  It's a great way to learn all these little tips!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Great!

By the way, for new Kindle owners, we recommend our own Leslie's Amazon FAQ. A link to it is in the lower right hand corner of each page. It's a great way to learn all these little tips!

Betsy
our own Leslie. I *love* being our own Leslie!

and to make it easy, here's a direct link! LOL

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Neversleepsawink said:
When my Kindle goes into the sleep mode I can't seem to wake it up. I have to turn it off and back on. Is there a trick to waking up my Kindle. Thank you :)
I have found that I have to press Alt and Aa twice before mine wakes up.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
drenee said:
I have found that I have to press Alt and Aa twice before mine wakes up.
I don't think you should have to press the key combo twice. Be aware that if you hold Alt and Aa for too long it'll just keep flipping between asleep and awake. So it might not seem like it works the first time because you're holding it too long.

Ann

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Leslie, or whoever, any chance we could get a sticky thread for just screen saver pictures?

And ladies - I'm going to get skinned for saying this, I know, but - if y'all could refrain from commenting on the pictures so that there are just posts of pictures in the thread it would be GREATLY appreciated.  :D

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
FearNot said:
Leslie, or whoever, any chance we could get a sticky thread for just screen saver pictures?
Not sure exactly what you're asking but in the Photos board there are a number of threads with screen savers of various genres, most of which have been done by Bicardi Jim. There are comments, but it's mostly pictures. :)

Ann

B

·
0 Posts
And I appreciate the comments.  They make me feel like I'm not wasting my time and effort.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Neversleepsawink said:
When my Kindle goes into the sleep mode I can't seem to wake it up. I have to turn it off and back on. Is there a trick to waking up my Kindle. Thank you :)
Ironic- Neversleepsawink has a Kindle that Neverwakesup!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Leslie,

I am trying to put screenavers in my Kindle. I get stuck here:

"8. On each photo, press alt-shift-0 (i.e., alt-shift-zero). After a brief delay, you'll get a message that your picture has been exported as screensaver. Click Close on the message."

I am pushing alt-shift-zero together.... nothing happens. I've tried a few times. Am I missing something???

Thanks!!!!!
Mary

Leslie said:
our own Leslie. I *love* being our own Leslie

[

B

·
0 Posts
^^^ chances are that either you aren't in Full Screen mode or you forgot to do the alt-z step.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
It's tricky to do alt-shift-0. Sometimes your finger will accidentally hit another key. Just keep trying.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Titania<
I had the same problem..just keep trying, or go out of the screen saver file and back in to it and try again.  Sometimes the brief delay that Leslie mentioned before the message comes up, took much longer than a brief time!!  Many times I was ready to give up and quit, and that message would finally come up. 
When I did it, I followed all directions exactly...many times, and I still had the same issue, but eventually after many tries, I did get all of my screen savers to save properly..keep trying!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
RB said:
Titania<
I had the same problem..just keep trying, or go out of the screen saver file and back in to it and try again. Sometimes the brief delay that Leslie mentioned before the message comes up, took much longer than a brief time!! Many times I was ready to give up and quit, and that message would finally come up.
When I did it, I followed all directions exactly...many times, and I still had the same issue, but eventually after many tries, I did get all of my screen savers to save properly..keep trying!!
I managed to get past that stage, and can make personalized screensavers work -- but so far I haven't been able to "inter-mingle" them with the Amazon screensavers, which I would like to do. I thought I read here that if you add only one screensaver, that is the only one you will see; but that if you added more than one, the Amazon ones would come back. That hasn't been the case for me -- I seem to have a choice of either all Amazon or all personalized, but not both. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I delete the pictures and screensaver folders on the Kindle and start again?

JJ

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
JetJock said:
I thought I read here that if you add only one screensaver, that is the only one you will see; but that if you added more than one, the Amazon ones would come back.
Once you add a screensaver (or several), the originals no longer appear. If you want to load one or more of the originals as custom, you can do so. Here is a link to download the original screensavers:

Original Kindle Screensavers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts