Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd start a single thread in which to post any Kindle screensavers that I put together; that way, they all stay in one place, and I'm not cluttering up the rest of the board.  =)

That being said, I ask that you only post any comments or questions about these screensavers here -- if you have other screensavers that you'd like to share, please post them in a general thread, or one of your own.  :)  I like to keep things organized!

With that out of the way... enjoy!  :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you like Disney? How about art nouveau? If you're looking to add to your Kindle's custom screensavers, the following images might be right up your alley!

In the spring of 2008, Disney unveiled the "Nouveau Collection," elegant designs inspired by classic art nouveau paintings. Available on journals, trinket boxes, faux stained glass suncatchers, and apparel, this re-imagining of some of Disney's most popular princesses was a welcome change from the typically youth-oriented items sold at the Disney Store... but the series vanished almost as quickly as it appeared.

However, I've resurrected this delightful collection for use with your Kindle! Each screensaver file is grayscale and 600x800 in size.

If you need help adding (or removing) custom screensavers from your Kindle, this guide tells you everything you need to know.

Cleaning up and formatting these pictures took longer than you might think, so I ask that you please don't alter or redistribute them. Thank you, and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those of you who are Disney fans but prefer an art deco look to that of art nouveau, Mike Kungl's work might be something you'd like. His paintings are fantastic: crisp lines and a stylish feel that still manage to maintain that classic "Disney" air. You can see his portfolio at MKungl Studios.

I've turned four of Kungl's Disney pieces into screensavers for your Kindle. Each screensaver file is grayscale and 600x800 in size.

If you need help adding (or removing) custom screensavers from your Kindle, this guide tells you everything you need to know.

Cleaning up and formatting these pictures took longer than you might think, so I ask that you please don't alter or redistribute them. Thank you, and enjoy! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love them ALL!

Thanks so much for expending the time and effort to post these....... I'll be saving them to my Kindle folder tonight after work.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about you, but I loved Disney/Pixar's WALL·E, and the same can be said for the "futuristic retro" style they went with for some of the merchandise and promotional material. Wow! Very, very cool.

Artist Eric Tan's WALL·E posters are a fantastic example of this, and I've made them into Kindle screensavers for you. Each screensaver file is grayscale and 600x800 in size.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
jesspark said:
For those of you who are Disney fans but prefer an art deco look to that of art nouveau, Mike Kungl's work might be something you'd like. His paintings are fantastic: crisp lines and a stylish feel that still manage to maintain that classic "Disney" air. You can see his portfolio at MKungl Studios.
Oh .... MY ......

New-to-me artist!!!!!!

(and wouldn't you know, the damn Jessica Rabbit one is not only sold out, but it's COMPLETELY out--even the original is gone. **grumbles**)

THANK YOU JESSPARK!!! This was a wonderful thing to wake up to! Off to find the cable so Jessica can join her other image on the K2.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're very welcome, VictoriaP! I'm happy to help. :D

And, man, I wish Disney/Kungl would sell posters or cheaper prints or something, since the ones that are currently offered are either sold out or pretty expensive. I saw "Triton Beach Club" in person when my husband and I took a Disney cruise in December, and we were both so impressed with it... but we don't have the extra money to spend on a print. I'm sure high-quality posters would sell very well, especially somewhere like the Art of Disney stores at Downtown Disney and Epcot here in Orlando. A girl can dream... :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Thank you so much, my KK looks so beautiful in her whimsical decal girl and the lovely Cinderella screensaver.  I've been showing her off to everyone :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gorgeous, Neversleepsawink;) (#1071)!  :D  Thanks for sharing the pretty!

Oo, seeing that lovely dressed-up Kindle is making it even harder to wait for my Oberon cover (it might come in the mail today!), and I want a skin in the worst way, too. (I have one designed on mytego.com already.) I liked the simplicity of the brown Bobarra cover that my parents gave me with my Kindle, but, since I left it within reach of a certain puppy of mine, I had to break down and buy an Oberon cover to replace it earlier than I'd planned... and that's just opened the accessory floodgates! In addition to designing a skin, I've already emailed Melissa from Borsa Bella about a custom Kindle bag, so now all I have to do is win the lottery to afford all these new goodies.  ;)

In the meantime, I'm looking for more screensaver material to keep myself occupied.  =)

And I'm happy to help, luvmy4brats! The screensavers that I'm currently working on include another Tink one, so I hope you like it, too!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts