Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are in a forum where we can post pictures, folks might want to post screenshots from their Kindle. It's easy to do. One important point: you must have an SD card in your Kindle.

For the screenshot, press Alt-Shift-G. The picture is saved in the root directory of the SD card (on my computer, it shows up as drive H:). Just plug the USB cable in and there are the pictures! Easy! I use Photobucket and just copy the pictures directly from the Kindle to my Photobucket album. I don't even bother to copy them to the computer

When posting here, I find they are big so I use width= in the

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
*clapping like a little child at Christmastime* I love all the new things I'm learning here. I have to say this...the other very active forum I belong to (and, I won't even mention which one ;) ) likes to keep the learning to themselves. I'd like to thank Harvey and Leslie for making it so easy to find all these "lessons" by having them linked in one place for easy reference. My hat is off to you two...if I was wearing one at the moment but you understand where I'm going with this ;)

Kudos guys and also to everyone else for making this a fun place to hang around :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hey, for all those people who complain that Kindle books can't be shared as print volumes can be: Here's your workaround.  ;D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Teninx said:
Hey, for all those people who complain that Kindle books can't be shared as print volumes can be: Here's your workaround. ;D
Yeah. Leslie could you take screen shots so I can read Pillars of the Earth? Heh.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
durphy said:
Yeah. Leslie could you take screen shots so I can read Pillars of the Earth? Heh.
Let's see...Pillars of the Earth has 19042 locations and at font size 4, there are 4 locations per "page" for a total of 477 pages for the book. Assuming it takes me one minute per screen shot to capture, copy, and post to photobucket, it would take me 8 hours to post the whole book. I bill at $1000/day for consulting so sure...for $1000, I'll do the book for you! I take PayPal, PM for my email address.

Or you could buy it in the Kindle store for $6.39.... ;D

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had to try it and I feel so SMAHT!! Thanks Leslie! (although you are probably creating a monster here)

·
Registered
829 Posts
whoops!  not so smaht....  I didn't resize.  :(

·
Registered
829 Posts
Here is it at a more appropriate size.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey the first one resized by magic!  cool!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WestPointer1968 said:
Just read thru your FAQ, but don't remember seeing this there. Is it? If now will it be?

John
It is only mentioned in passing in the section where all the shortcuts are listed. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to screenshots prior to joining this forum because...where would I post them otherwise?

I'll have to think about whether or not to include more discussion in the revision. Posting screenshots on a forum is fun, but I bet there are lots of Kindle owners who never frequent a forum, so I have to decide if this is "frequently asked" enough to warrant inclusion.

L

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Just had to see if I could do this! Voila you guys are wonderful to teach us all this neat stuff. Many Thankees.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Now I need to know. Do olives ever go bad?

·
Registered
829 Posts
durphy said:
Now I need to know. Do olives ever go bad?
I never did find out. :) The cheese had gone rancid and that was why he was wondering about the olives....

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dori said:
:-X My ? would more likely be do olives ever go good.
Oh - I love olives!! We get these big Queen olives stuffed with a clove of garlic and I have been known to eat them out of the jar by the dozen.

(and I have been at work at total of 60 minutes and here I am. I need to be locked out of here from 7:30-4:30 M-F)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Italian market here in Portland sells these fabulous big green olives stuffed with hot peppers. Yum! I haven't had any in awhile and now I have a craving...

L

1 - 20 of 31 Posts