Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allo, I had a quick question in regards to Scrivener everyone.

I've built a few paperback files with it but I'm currently building one with a Prologue. How do I get the words Prologue to show up the same way as Chapter headings? Meaning, it's the same font, same font size, etc. Currently I've just written it and adjusted the font and sizing and it's close but not quite the exact same.

If I put it as a folder similar to the Chapters, it throws all the Chapters out of whack. ie. The Prologue is labelled as Chapter 1, Chapter 1 becomes Chapter 2, etc. So right now I have it as part of the Front Matter.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is something I've yet to figure out myself so I'll be watching this thread.

I love Scrivener but I hate the way it automatically assumes folders are chapters.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I use a picture file of the chapter heading instead of the actual text. That is, I create it in Photoshop or something similar, save as a PNG or JPG, and place that file at the appropriate place. That way I can control the text and size perfectly and it looks great in the book, epub or mobi. Even works great in the "Look Inside" feature. Check out one of my titles in the sig below and try a look-see. Good luck!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Are you saying Scrivener uses the file titles to designate chapter titles?

When I compile it doesn't use the file titles. I don't know if I have clicked or unclicked something for that. I have my titles inside the files. I import the composite book into Word and then tweak until it looks how I want my paperback pages to look.

Not sure that this is helpful.

Scrivener does have a forum that *is* helpful. You might ask there or review some of the tutorials.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually asked in their forum many many months ago and they couldn't seem to comprehend what I was asking. I tried asking a few different ways too heh.

Anyway, I figured it out. You can do it exactly as I was saying earlier -- make sure your Prologue text is the exact same font, font size, and spacing as your Chapter headings but when you go to Compile, click "As-is." It will then match up perfectly if you've done everything correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts