Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read somewhere that the Kindle 2 has a built in memory of so many gigs.....  no SD Card.  My questions is this ... i downloaded a lot of free books.  You mean to tell me that if I decided to upgrade to a Kindle 2, those hundreds of free books would not be transferred over?  Worse yet, if something were to go wrong with my Kindle 1 and not only can't I repair it or buy another Kindle 1, but I would no longer have access to all those free books?  Help.  Yikes!

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can transfer those free books.  Just put them on the computer and transfer via USB.  The K2 has 2GB of memory which is enough for most people.  You'll be able to hold a little over 1500 books in that space.  Also if you got those free books from Amazon you'll be able to download them from Amazon again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^ Exactly, it'll take a little getting used to if you have more than the amount on the K2. But as long as you don't need EVERY one of your books on your kindle at any 1 time, it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Not that I'll every be able to have 2 GB's of books but thats one thing I like about my K1. The SD card. And SD cards are super cheap on Amazon.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
If you have whispernet in your area, then you actually have much, much more than the 2GB on the K2. That's because you'll still have nearly instant access to all of your Amazon books via the archives. There's no need to keep them on your Kindle. In my opinion, it's much easier navigating the archives than it was the Content Manager.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts