Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings --

What is the largest SD card that I can use in my Kindle when I get it.  Can I use the SDHC card as well?

Thank you,

ZU

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ZU,

Yes, you can use the SDHC card. People have reported putting 16 GB cards in their Kindles and having them work just fine. I have a 2 GB card in mine. My rule of thumb is 1000 books per GB, so 16 GB would probably hold you forever. However, music files are bigger, if you are planning on listening to music on your Kindle.

L

·
Registered
177 Posts
Zorrosuncle said:
Greetings --

What is the largest SD card that I can use in my Kindle when I get it. Can I use the SDHC card as well?

Thank you,

ZU
I read somewhere that the largest the kindle will officially support is 4 GB, though people have been putting in larger and it working fine. But I also read that even if you use a larger GB card it may only be able to use up to 4 GB of that space. I'm not sure if that is true but I read it on the amazon board from something that said they asked customer service.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Snapcat said:
I read somewhere that the largest the kindle will officially support is 4 GB, though people have been putting in larger and it working fine. But I also read that even if you use a larger GB card it may only be able to use up to 4 GB of that space. I'm not sure if that is true but I read it on the amazon board from something that said they asked customer service.
Interesting. Thanks for this info!

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They have just started coming out with 32 gig cards, so that should hold about 32,000 books. Hope you are a fast reader.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am using a 2gb and was thinking of getting an 8gb. I am going to put one or two of my favorite authors on the 2gb and then put the rest on the 8gb.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Zorrosuncle said:
What is the largest SD card that I can use in my Kindle when I get it.
The standard size. . .the micro and the mini are too small. ;D ;D

(ducking)
Ann

1 - 8 of 8 Posts