Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 14, 2021Jun 12, 2021
This is a promotion of books in Kindle Unlimited that relate to the sea.
Mysteries, suspense, thrillers, crimes, or simply adventure are welcome.
Join and use social media or your email list so we can all find more readers in KU.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I'm one of the few Sea Adventure authors who frequent this site, but my books aren't in KU.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did notice the rest of the series isn't, and found that curious.
I am about (June) to launch book 4 in mine and was thinking of taking the series wide shortly.
Still working out the pros and cons. If you have any thoughts on that I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
My new releases go into KU for a single 90-day period, so those who've been with me for a long time, and are on a fixed income, can continue the series. Rising Tide was just released three weeks ago on Amazon and will be released wide on July 18. Book 21, Steady As She Goes, is on preorder, so not technically in KU yet. It will be released to Amazon on August 16.

I don't advertise to KU readers, because the early books aren't there. Actually, I don't advertise new releases at all. Only the first in the series gets any ad spend. Plus, a full read of Rising Tide in KU pays only about $1.35, where a sale earns over $5.00. You can contact some of the authors at www.tropicalauthors.com who are in KU and see if they'd like to join.

Going wide will ensure you of one inescapable truth. It will cut your income in half.
If you can afford that kind of hit, do it. But it will take quite a while for the income to rebound. Not so much from wide sales, but a combination of that, and increased Amazon sales, if you can maintain the first book's visibility, which will require increased ad spend.

I started going wide in February, 2020, pulling the books out in order over a period of ten months, one at a time. This insured that I wouldn't leave any new KU readers, or those halfway through the series, in the lurch. My writing has been my family's only source of income since 2014, so I waited to go wide until I knew that Amazon sales alone would pay the bills.

So, a 50% cut in income and a 50% increase in ad spend for about a year, got my income level back to where it was. Of course, there were also three new books added to the series during that time, as well.

Reactions: travelinged
1 - 8 of 8 Posts