Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just reading a novel and realized I had forgotten the relationship between a couple of characters. I did a quick search through the book and went back to a section to remind myself. I then couldn't figure out how to get where I had left off. If I went to the homepage it took me to the section I had just read, not the farthest point I had read, I did the sync thing and that took me back even further. What should I have done?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did this once before and really learned my lesson as it took me about 15 min to find my place again.  Agghhh! Now I bookmark and make sure I know what location I am leaving from!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I made the same mistakes in the beginning too.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The 'back' button is fantastic.  Always takes you back to the very last place before you 'jumped' into something else, called up a link or a look-up feature.

So with indexes, tables of contents, footnotes, that works too.

If I call up the dictionary or a search routine, same thing.  Read what I want and then click 'back'  - it never fails.

No bookmarking needed (and then you don't have to delete the bookmark).  But sometimes I bookmark anyway just for that extra secure feeling for times I might get interrupted and have to do something else and forget what I was doing when I left the K and it went into screensaver mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts