Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I've probably missed a tip (or forgotten actual Kindle instructions...knowing me!)  Is there a way to "go to" a specific title without having to page down & page down on the home page until you see it in the list?  I've got my home page sorted by title, but have 16 pages (so far) of titles and it would be handy to just type in the title name (or any other nifty trick!) and have the title show up.  I tried locate but it brought up a lot of titles when all I wanted was the specific book I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
If you've got your books sorted by Title, you can press the letter and it will go to the first book with the title starting with that letter (the words The, A, etc. don't count)

I think I read that if you enter fast, you can put two or maybe three letters in and it will use them both/all, but I'm not that fast.

If it's a book you've downloaded recently, you can sort by recent.  I actually use that more than sort by title or author, as the book I'm currently reading will always be at or near the top of the list, even if I've downloaded books.

Betsy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Leslie,
Ah...BBMountain...I'm a big movie buff, and my favorite movie of all time is Brokeback Mountain.  Hence BBMountain!  :)  Now that I've gotten into the Kindle in a big way, I'm trying to juggle movie watching/book reading...there's not enough time in a day!!
Thane

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
BBMountain said:
Hi Leslie,
Ah...BBMountain...I'm a big movie buff, and my favorite movie of all time is Brokeback Mountain. Hence BBMountain! :) Now that I've gotten into the Kindle in a big way, I'm trying to juggle movie watching/book reading...there's not enough time in a day!!
Thane
Ah! A fellow Brokie! I am doubly glad to have you here! Let me pour you some whiskey, stick a boot in the fire...

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
BBMountain said:
Yeah...I had seen your Ennis/shirts photo...knew I was in the company of a Brokie convert!
There are a few of us who have the Oberon Roof of Heaven cover and think the shepherd on the back is Ennis.

Yeah...we're obsessed. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts