Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, but I use a number of forums around the Net that have a similar look and structure. One of the things I see on most of these is a search box that can be used by a member to find out if a particular topic has been covered elsewhere in the forum. This is meant to cut down on the number of redundant threads.

For example, I belong to a forum about bikes. If I want to ask a question about, say, a Felt 2 mountain bike, I can search the forum for "Felt 2" to see if there are any other threads about it. Most of the time I'll find one, and I'll often find the answer I need. Here, however, I'm flying blind, and I loathe to start a new thread over something that's probably been discussed to death somewhere else.

I think it's a standard feature built into this platform. It should be a simple matter to turn it on.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
On my monitor, it is always at the top right-hand side of the screen.  I don't think there has ever not been a search function here, although it is not very robust.  There are options within the function to narrow a search down to specific sub-forums or even threads, I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts