Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I have been searching on Amazon under Biographies and Memoirs.  It shows that there are 7,053 results.  I have spent a great deal of time searching page by page, as I just really want to peruse and see what's available.  I get to the 1,200th book, page 100, and I cannot search further.  How do I look at the remaining 5, 853 books? 
debbie

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
drenee--

Much as I like you, I don't have the time or energy to try to get to page 1200 to see what's happening, sorry!  ;D
Can you send a link to the page you can get to?  I don't know if that will help, but it's something...

The only other thing I can suggest is to cut down on the number by using the user review filter in the left column where it says Avg Customer Review.  If you click on 4 stars and up, it will show only those books, which is about 3000 books.  You can also sort by price to see them in that order once you cut them down by review.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Frustrating, isn't it? :mad:
I have run into the same thing. Maybe if you use the left hand menu to narrow your search further it would help?
Sheryl

Betsy- you beat me to it!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It is my understanding that the URL modification technique only works up to page 100.  I guess Amazon doesn't expect anyone to be that persistent.  I suggest trying to narrow down the search prior to trying to rummage through that many results.  Unfortunately, they don't provide the same Advanced Search page that they do for DTB.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
drenee--

Much as I like you, I don't have the time or energy to try to get to page 1200 to see what's happening, sorry! ;D
Can you send a link to the page you can get to? I don't know if that will help, but it's something...

The only other thing I can suggest is to cut down on the number by using the user review filter in the left column where it says Avg Customer Review. If you click on 4 stars and up, it will show only those books, which is about 3000 books. You can also sort by price to see them in that order once you cut them down by review.

Betsy
ROTFLOL...Betsy, I would never dream of asking anyone else to sit there and hit the next button as many times as I have this morning. I know that I can narrow the search. Really, what I was doing this morning is just kind of window shopping, seeing what's available in a particular genre and seeing what peaks my curiosity.

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1230750088/ref=sr_pg_100?ie=UTF8&rs=154754011&bbn=154606011&rh=n%3A154606011%2Cn%3A154754011&page=100

Near the bottom it says choose a catagory above. Perhaps they do mean for me to choose the three stars and up, two stars, etc. I did not realize that I could click on the stars and access another set of books. I will try that, and again, a very quick and helpful response to my question.
thanks, Betsy
debbie

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SusanCassidy said:
It is my understanding that the URL modification technique only works up to page 100. I guess Amazon doesn't expect anyone to be that persistent. I suggest trying to narrow down the search prior to trying to rummage through that many results. Unfortunately, they don't provide the same Advanced Search page that they do for DTB.
I am very persistent when I really should be working, but would rather window shop for books....LOL!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I too, am shopping while at work, so I have lots of time to go to the next page.  ;D I've come across the same thing. I've searched books several ways and 100 pages is the stopping point. I don't know why they do that.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KimmyA said:
I too, am shopping while at work, so I have lots of time to go to the next page. ;D I've come across the same thing. I've searched books several ways and 100 pages is the stopping point. I don't know why they do that.
I'm not sure why either, but it is very frustrating. I'm sure that on page 101 is the exact book I've been looking for....LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.