Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm back with another book launch promo thread. I'm not sure if my last one was useful for anyone, but I love looking at everyone's stats and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, so I'm throwing my info out there again.

My second book, KINGED, was launched two days ago. So far, sales/borrows are okay, at least relative to my first book, with 0 promo. I'm hovering around a 7k ranking.

This release felt a bit more rushed than my first one, and because I'm trying to put my promo into the first week, I feel like I have a weaker lineup. I also got fewer reviews from my ARCs, but I think they're overall of a better quality. This book had a much better reception from my early readers than my first one did, so I'm hopeful for some reasonable success.

As with the first book, my goal is to get onto all those nice hot new release lists, and have sales carry through after the promo ends and the price goes up to 2.99. So we'll see!

Schedule:

3/17 - bargain booksy, awesomegang (112sales, 12borrows, 1,028 best rank)
3/18 - Bknights (fiverr.com/bknights) (43sales, 39borrows, 1,060 best rank)
3/19 - pixelscroll, OHFB (78sales, 27borrows, 1,098 best rank)
3/20 - Peoplereads, romance ebook deals (53sales, 25borrows, 1,120 best rank)
3/21 - ebookhounds (33sales, 36borrows, 1,345 best rank)
3/22 - booktastik, sweetfreebooks (33sales, 21borrows, 1,873 best rank)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, I've gotten 51 sales, which is about what I expected. Bargainbooksy brought in about 50 on my first book, so I figured something in that area. But there's a lot of daylight left, so I'm feeling good!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
End of day 1 results: ranking peaked at 1,028 overnight, got 121sales and 13borrows. Borrows are still trickling in, which I think will help keep my ranking up there. Bknight today, which usually performs, then OHFB confirmed for tomorrow. I expect the rank will drop a bit today, but not too much, so I'm hoping tomorrow's OHFB will push it up high onto some lists!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Awesome results!!

And you got on those hotlists!! I just checked:

#1,258 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
#11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
#23 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological

8)
PS: thanks for posting- I just learned about  some new sites from you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AYClaudy said:
Awesome results!!

And you got on those hotlists!! I just checked:

#1,258 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
#11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
#23 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological

8)
PS: thanks for posting- I just learned about some new sites from you!
I know! I'm pretty excited about it--a great first day. I gotta say, the sites that really have worked for me are bargainbooksy, booksends, and bknight. I feel like the others are hit or miss, but others may disagree.

Today, sales are okay-- 17sales, 25borrows. Ranking is holding in the 1200 range, which is great. Bknight usually does better for me, and I'm a little surprised, if I'm honest. I expected at least 30 sales this afternoon, but we'll see. Plenty of time left. Hopefully, my ranking is below 1400 for when OHFB hits tomorrow--I expect another 100+ sales day from them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Second day ended up being pretty good! I sold 43 copies and got 39 borrows, with a peak rank of 1060. Right now, the rank is hovering below 1500, which is hopefully a good spot for OHFB today.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone subscribed to OHFB? I think I'm in their morning mailing, though I haven't really seen much of an uptick on sales at all--or is there only one email per day?

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Ohfb mails in the evening but yes you were the first thing I saw this morning when I checked the blog.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
bbhamel said:
Anyone subscribed to OHFB? I think I'm in their morning mailing, though I haven't really seen much of an uptick on sales at all--or is there only one email per day?
They post to Facebook three times a day, but their email doesn't come out until around 4:05 PM PST. Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, yesterday was disappointing. I had expected a lot more out of OHFB, especially for the price. I definitely didn't break even on them, and I never cracked the top 1,000. I don't have any other big places coming up, so I expect my ranking will slowly dip back down into obscurity. Oh well, back to finishing the next book! I'll keep updating as the week goes on, though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I wish you continued success. You have done great thus far. I noticed that we are both on People Reads today, so let's both have a good Friday. All the best to you and your writing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MTM said:
I wish you continued success. You have done great thus far. I noticed that we are both on People Reads today, so let's both have a good Friday. All the best to you and your writing.
Thank you! You as well!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
bbhamel said:
Hello all! I'm back with another book launch promo thread. I'm not sure if my last one was useful for anyone, but I love looking at everyone's stats and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, so I'm throwing my info out there again.

My second book, KINGED, was launched two days ago. So far, sales/borrows are okay, at least relative to my first book, with 0 promo. I'm hovering around a 7k ranking.

This release felt a bit more rushed than my first one, and because I'm trying to put my promo into the first week, I feel like I have a weaker lineup. I also got fewer reviews from my ARCs, but I think they're overall of a better quality. This book had a much better reception from my early readers than my first one did, so I'm hopeful for some reasonable success.

As with the first book, my goal is to get onto all those nice hot new release lists, and have sales carry through after the promo ends and the price goes up to 2.99. So we'll see!

Schedule:

3/17 - bargain booksy, awesomegang (112sales, 12borrows, 1,028 best rank)
3/18 - Bknight (43sales, 39borrows, 1,060 best rank)
3/19 - pixelscroll, OHFB (78sales, 27borrows, 1,098 best rank)
3/20 - Peoplereads, romance ebook deals
3/21 - ebookhounds
3/22 - booktastik

booksends(unconfirmed)
ebookasaurus(confirmed, not sure which date)

If I get booksends, I'm going to ask to have them scheduled later in the week, on the 21st/22nd. I'd consider extending my promo a day or two if they can only run me on the 23rd or 24th. I'll update with sales figures and ranking stats as I go.
"Bknight" seems a bit of a mystery. I googled the name and got nothing. Is this a code for something else?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts