Kindle Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Also, assuming a borrow rate of 1.35 for March, I've broken even, and am beginning to see a profit on this book. I think I'm at about $100 profit right now but that's more than I expected. Even if the borrow rate is terrible, I'll still break even.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
bbhamel said:
Also, assuming a borrow rate of 1.35 for March, I've broken even, and am beginning to see a profit on this book. I think I'm at about $100 profit right now but that's more than I expected. Even if the borrow rate is terrible, I'll still break even.
I think you've been really successful because a lot of new readers have your book. Even if you didn't have any profit, you still have new readers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw your book in my ebookhounds newsletter and one clicked before I even realized it was you! That cover and blurb caught my attention.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Marian said:
I think you've been really successful because a lot of new readers have your book. Even if you didn't have any profit, you still have new readers.
Completely agree. I didn't expect to make any money at all, and really it's just a huge bonus.

AYClaudy said:
I saw your book in my ebookhounds newsletter and one clicked before I even realized it was you! That cover and blurb caught my attention.
Thank you!!

so, yesterday was better than expected. I got 36 borrows and 33 sales and a best ranking of 1,345. It's still slowly dropping, but I expected that. Maybe I'll break 1,000 on the next one!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Promo is over! On the last day, I sold 33 copies and got 21 borrows, with a best rank of 1,873.

I would say that this promo was successful. I achieved all of my goals. Now, really, I'll find out what the long tail of this thing will be like, if it'll keep selling, or if it'll sink back into obscurity. I priced it at 3.99, mainly out of curiosity, to see whether it'll sell or not.

For the next book launch, I'm going to get more reviews ahead of time. 12 is okay, but I have cover to 20 with my first book. I'll also stagger the promos a little bit better, instead of having the first day as my best day. I may also trim out some of the cheaper options and stick to maybe 3-4 tried and true places.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
bbhamel said:
Promo is over! On the last day, I sold 33 copies and got 21 borrows, with a best rank of 1,873.

I would say that this promo was successful. I achieved all of my goals. Now, really, I'll find out what the long tail of this thing will be like, if it'll keep selling, or if it'll sink back into obscurity. I priced it at 3.99, mainly out of curiosity, to see whether it'll sell or not.
Great result! I'd guess you got close to 400 sales over the whole promo? And quite a few borrows, too. I'd say $3.99 is a good price for a book that's obviously popular. Good luck with the tail, and thanks for sharing.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts