Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those who think they need a new cover because the kindle won't stay in it - just press the kindle against the back and attach the cover strap to the lower right corner.

If you put it in the cover - you can hold it more easily - without inadvertently pressing the change bar.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
irabren said:
For all those who think they need a new cover because the kindle won't stay in it - just press the kindle against the back and attach the cover strap to the lower right corner.

If you put it in the cover - you can hold it more easily - without inadvertently pressing the change bar.
Hello irabren and welcome! I used mine for the first week with no cover and liked it just fine... I am now trying it out in the original cover and I too have used the cover strap in the same way... I like it this way, too. I have ordered a Vizu cover that I am saving until Christmas, but I probably won't use it until the original cover wears out.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Welcome Irabren, great to have you here!

You are absolutely right about the elastic strap. Here's a pic of mine:

Some people use a bit of velcro, but I haven't felt the need.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I did use the original cover for a few weeks til I bought my first M-edge. I put a velcro dot on my Kindle and the cover, which worked fine. When I "skinned" Sir William this weekend, I removed the velcro and I was very pleased to see it did not leave any sticky residue on the back.

Now he is back in his saddle M-edge cover, skin and all. I gave away the original black cover that came with him.

L

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Leslie said:
I did use the original cover for a few weeks til I bought my first M-edge. I put a velcro dot on my Kindle and the cover, which worked fine. When I "skinned" Sir William this weekend, I removed the velcro and I was very pleased to see it did not leave any sticky residue on the back.

Now he is back in his saddle M-edge cover, skin and all. I gave away the original black cover that came with him.

L
Great to hear the "hook and loop" ;) tape comes off cleanly.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I don't dislike the cover it comes with because it isn't functional, I don't like it because it is yawn worthy... it just has not an ounce of personality or charm.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Go ahead, Octochick, tell us what you really think, LOL! (I've hidden the screen from Eleanor so she won't see your comment! Don't want her disatisfied.)

Betsy
Well, we know you jazzed yours up, Betsy, to give it an ounce of personality and charm!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Leslie said:
Well, we know you jazzed yours up, Betsy, to give it an ounce of personality and charm!
LOL! It's what I do--gotta have that quilty fabric feel. I made a new cover for my Palm T/X too.

Betsy

·
Registered
835 Posts
You guys are a bad influence!!! I was content with my Kindle at first. But now I'm lusting after skins, new covers, you name it!! Someone, I forget who, had a picture of this most beautiful bag and I want that too! And also, I was thinking at first, 'I'll read a book and then purchase a new one for my Kindle.' Well, that has gone by the wayside a long time ago!!!!

I tried the tip with the elastic pulled over the corner and that is great. The only time my Kindle (lately I'm calling her Sweetie) threatens to fall out is when I'm reading in bed. That will be useful.

Betsy, that cover is very very pretty!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
LOL! It's what I do--gotta have that quilty fabric feel. I made a new cover for my Palm T/X too.

Betsy
That cover is so pretty! Do you think you will ever sell Kindle covers? ;D

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I just got my Kindle today and I already can't stand the cover it came with. :p It feels so cheap and unsturdy.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
CS said:
I just got my Kindle today and I already can't stand the cover it came with. It feels so cheap and unsturdy.
Fortunately, you have plenty of choices. Browse Accessories and see what people are recommending!

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
ooohhhh!!! PRETTY!!! You do such beautiful work!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts