Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 20yo daughter has talked me into letting her take my OFire back to college with her next week. The main thing I am concerned about is loss.
I already do use a password on the Fire which she knows. However, I would also like a way to lock out one click purchases for everything. I plan to give her the code - I want to lock out other people from purchasing things on my account in case someone steals the device. I also would like to find a good tracking app and maybe a way to do a remote reset to factory defaults.

So far I am using a password on the lock screen. I'm not sure how to turn off the one click ordering for the OFire. I don't care if she sees or reads my books, magazines or views my movies or uses Amazon prime. I want to stop other people from purchasing things. I don't want to sever my account from this Fire I still want her to be able to use everything.

Any suggestions on what combinations of settings and apps will accomplish this?

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I don't have an original Fire anymore but there was a way to protect one-click purchases on it, I'm almost sure.

Betsy

·
Registered
649 Posts
Yes, it's in the Settings / More / Parental Controls.  You can password protect purchases and functions.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Also, if you or your daughter discover that it is missing, you should IMMEDIATELY (even before you call Amazon CS) de-register it from your account.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I found the parental controls setting. And, I will deregister it immediately if it goes missing.

Does anyone know if it does get stolen if you can report it to Amazon so it doesn't get registered on someone else's account? Will they brick it?
I know it probably wouldn't help to get it back but I wouldn't want the thief  being able to use it either.

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
novembersfyre said:
Thanks! I found the parental controls setting. And, I will deregister it immediately if it goes missing.

Does anyone know if it does get stolen if you can report it to Amazon so it doesn't get registered on someone else's account? Will they brick it?
I know it probably wouldn't help to get it back but I wouldn't want the thief being able to use it either.
It has been reported that, in the case of a kindle going missing, when you let Amazon know it, they put a flag on it so that it can not be re-registered to someone else's account. You should report it right away, and should deregister it yourself as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts