Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seasons greetings my fellow indie authors!

Can someone recommend a terse but solid tutorial or intro to doing these ads? 

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the options and overall complexity are increasing from the early days, and I really need some guidance.  Thanks for any help here.  :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here's a list that comes to mind:
Kindlepreneur
David Gaughran's
Mark Dawson

First two give free info. I've done the Kindlepreneur one and have used some of his tips. Some on Kboards have mentioned Mark Dawson. I haven't done his classes--can't advise or not advise-- only mentioning as a resource to you (perhaps others can chime in here).

Though I'm dabbling in AMS ads again, I have most of my success through BookBub.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
This is a short book that is extremely basic and walks you through every step.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0849QWNXY

Ah! The link thing doesn't seem to be working, but the book is in my signature.

aaaalvin said:
Seasons greetings my fellow indie authors!

Can someone recommend a terse but solid tutorial or intro to doing these ads?

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the options and overall complexity are increasing from the early days, and I really need some guidance. Thanks for any help here. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alhawke said:
Here's a list that comes to mind:
Kindlepreneur
David Gaughran's
Mark Dawson

First two give free info. I've done the Kindlepreneur one and have used some of his tips. Some on Kboards have mentioned Mark Dawson. I haven't done his classes--can't advise or not advise-- only mentioning as a resource to you (perhaps others can chime in here).

Though I'm dabbling in AMS ads again, I have most of my success through BookBub.
thanks, i'm just getting back to this now and will check these out. i watched a couple of videos Dawson did on this subject and I'm not impressed at all...mostly just babble, and almost no useful info in two hour+ long videos...in the second one they interviewed a guy from Amazon yet didn't ask him any real pertinent questions whatsoever, click-bait title notwithstanding...ugh.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerri Kay Lincoln said:
This is a short book that is extremely basic and walks you through every step.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0849QWNXY

Ah! The link thing doesn't seem to be working, but the book is in my signature.
I would love to buy your book but I don't even have an Amazon shopping account or a kindle reader set up, and probably can't get the paperback delivered to this country. Before I set all that up, let me just ask you: do you go into details of actual advertising strategy (bidding schemes, stuff like that..) or is this just a nuts-and-bolts description of setting up and running ads? thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts