Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PW has an article about Christian author Jerry Jenkins, who will "help authors publish their works through his new Christian Writers Guild Publishing":

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/religion/article/55728-jerry-jenkins-launches-self-publishing-company.html

He is concerned by how many self-published works look shoddy, and thinks he can help. "The goal is to help authors 'produce books that don't look self-published, and at the very least could compete in the marketplace without their having to apologize for them.'"

The article goes on to say that authors have to submit a partial for evaluation. "If accepted, they follow a six-month course-costing just under $10,000-that includes mentoring by a published author. Copy-editing, typesetting, proofreading, custom cover design, marketing advice, printing, digital formatting, and e-book file creation in all formats are included in the package. There will be a surcharge for manuscripts over 75,000 words."

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How very thoughtful. .
I know, right? I'm touched.

This seems to be his site:

http://www.christianwritersguild.com/published/

I'm not absolutely certain they don't take some of your royalties; the implication seems to be that you get all this after you take the course, but I wouldn't count on them not slipping in some additional fees or royalties that aren't mentioned.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I'm of two minds. One wants to help everyone so they can all be happy. The other one wants to put razor-wire fences across the mountain trail I just hiked up.

These forces duel within me daily, like jam and cheese.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pro tip: "Rich in dollars, poor in sense" does not apply to the majority of self-published writers. Particularly the first part.

If he thinks that a lot of people are going to jump at this "opportunity", he's going to get Left Behind. (Now excuse me while I hide before you all kill me for that pun.)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wasn't the bible the first self published novel?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Who's running this? The crazy lady with the big white/purple hair? She's legit, riiiigght.

All in the name of the lord.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts