Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am bravely stepping into the arena and am eager to do so. I've spend months researching the industry (as a newbie) and have decided that it makes the most sense for the platform that I am looking to develop behind my book.

The Stolen Dog: A Love Story is a story about our dog, Briggs, that was stolen from us last May and the intensity (almost insanity, really) of events that followed.

I work in marketing and have spent some time developing a website specifically devoted to this book instead of under my name. My goal is to bring awareness, provide resources for others, and to be able to donate a portion of proceeds to animal rescues.

I've joined Kindle Boards to learn from others here about their experiences and I hope that I can contribute my marketing experience to others.

Tricia

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome to KB!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Hi Tricia!! 8) Hope you do well with A Stolen Dog!!

(A friend of mine's Italian mastiff was stolen a few years ago ... He hired a private eye to get the dog back!! He told me the gang guys who stole him respected him afterward because a) he got his property back -- b) without calling the cops!!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like an interesting book.  I'm a big animal lover myself and have had pets stolen when I was younger.  Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Tricia,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice to meet you.  Congrats on your new book.  I am already upset about what happened to your dog!  Enjoy the community!  :)

Lee

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JezStrider said:
Sounds like an interesting book. I'm a big animal lover myself and have had pets stolen when I was younger. Good luck with everything!
I'm sorry to hear that! My goal is to create a platform of awareness about this!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve Silkin said:
Hi Tricia!! 8) Hope you do well with A Stolen Dog!!

(A friend of mine's Italian mastiff was stolen a few years ago ... He hired a private eye to get the dog back!! He told me the gang guys who stole him respected him afterward because a) he got his property back -- b) without calling the cops!!)
Thanks Steve! That is what happened with us, as well. Except that I was the "private eye" and we made our presence known and gained huge street credibility. Enough so that our dog was anonymously returned to us - unharmed. It was a great day. Now I want to bring more awareness to this. I've had people reach out across the nation for help and have created free resources for others in this situation. I've even been involved in cases that have happened in our city since and had the dogs returned. Quite a path it has been!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lee44 said:
Hi Tricia,

Welcome to the boards! Nice to meet you. Congrats on your new book. I am already upset about what happened to your dog! Enjoy the community! :)

Lee
Thanks Lee! It was an awful time for us - but luckily - we scared the dognapper into finally returning him anonymously after weeks. Safe and unharmed! Now we have been involved with cases across the nation. Looking forward to bringing more awareness to this.

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts