Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone can help me to know, how the book will be available in Amazon UK.
Currently it is available in Amazon.com

When I gave below link "God Particles" to my friends in Uk, they COULD NOT download...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B36DCMI

It will be great, if someone can help me understand, how many days it will take to get published there
post amazon.com release.

Thanks
John Le

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ben

Thanks a lot. Now thats comes with a second question.
Normally how many days does it take ?

20th Jan 2013, God Particles released in .com...and is free for 5 days.....Can I give 5 days free in CO.UK also , once it is published?
can we set rule for that also ?...same way in all other markets...! ?

Thanks
John Le

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes, we make all of our Ward Wood Publishing books available on all Amazon sites. People do still get confused when they try to download if they click on your link to one site as they have to use Amazon for their own country. They also get confused about whether they need a Kindle or not, so I make it clear they can download the free Kindle reading app if they don't have a Kindle and that they need to use their own Amazon website. We make the books available on all Amazon websites simultaneously for a free offer. I blogged about this on http://adeleward.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/going-viral-on-amazon-how-we-did-i.html where I'm still gathering information on all the steps that help us with a successful giveaway, including the websites that let you post details of your book.

I'm gathering info on websites that let authors and publishers submit details about their giveaways and special offers and all suggestions would be welcome. I'll post all of the websites I find.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I need to explore

·
Registered
27 Posts
When you set a free period your book is made free for the duration in all of the markets.
I've just downloaded a free copy from amazon.co.uk and confirmed it's also free on amazon.de

·
Registered
327 Posts
No doubt your ebook "God Particle" will soon be or already is available in the UK. Regarding sales, as a general rule, ebooks sell better in the USA population of about 300 M than in the UK population of about 66 M. The sales ratio for me this month is 3.9/1, slightly less than the population ratio for the USA/UK of 4.8, indicating a slight bias towards UK sales. My promo is USA oriented, because I don't know any good way to promo in the UK? On the other hand, my current best seller "Sherlock Holmes and the Flying Machine" is based on a well-known British character, and is set in London. Since the "God Particle" is probably not especially British oriented, I reasonably predict that you will sell very roughly about 5 copies in the USA for every one in the UK. This is of course not a reliable prediction, but I thought it might be of interest. Good luck with your sales!

Phillip Duke Ph.D.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
duncolm said:
When you set a free period your book is made free for the duration in all of the markets.
I've just downloaded a free copy from amazon.co.uk and confirmed it's also free on amazon.de
Not true. Sometimes they make it free in other markets. I've done several Select runs and sometimes, Amazon "forgets" and the only free place is the US store.

My Angel in the Shadows was made semi-permanently free back in late November 2012 and you know when Amazon finally made it free in the UK?
Three days ago. So be aware it is not free automatically everytime in every country.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We choose to do this on Amazon websites around the world so I'm a bit confused about why it would be Amazon forgetting. If we have the Kindle book for sale in every country (and that's the default so we need to deliberately choose not to have it in some countries) then it also goes free in every country.

Although it seems logical to think the biggest market will be the US, this isn't always the case. I have a bigger following in the US than UK due to some large online writing projects I organise. I find some books sell best in the US, most seem to sell equally in the US and UK, and some sell much better in the UK.

I was surprised that our last giveaway (and sales) were dramatically higher in the UK as we usually have at least 50% in the US. I'm not sure if this is because it was a crime/thriller novel and maybe there are plenty in that genre in the US. Or if it's because it was about 50% in both countries, but something happened in the UK that made the book take that step into the top 100 ranking and it seemed to go viral from that point in the UK.

I have a feeling it was the ranking that made it go viral in one country but not others, rather than the size of each market. So I wouldn't put too much importance on the potential size of the market. There are enough people in each country to help a book go viral, and to get it high in the rankings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts