Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of selling some of my DTBs so I can buy some more ebooks so I'm wondering if anyone has sold any books to Half Price Books and how it works. Thanks.  ;D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I sell my books on Amazon typically. I've had great results there, especially with harmakhet's old textbooks but I have sold paperbacks as well.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
You would be much better off selling on Amazon or e-bay or somewhere else.  I have sold books at HPB for years, and before we moved down here, you might get .02 per book, if that much.  It used to be a good deal, but they have gotten way to big and not as customer oriented as they used to be.  Just MHO

·
Registered
544 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
You would be much better off selling on Amazon or e-bay or somewhere else. I have sold books at HPB for years, and before we moved down here, you might get .02 per book, if that much. It used to be a good deal, but they have gotten way to big and not as customer oriented as they used to be. Just MHO
I agree -- I sold a bunch of books to HPB not long ago and didn't get as much as I'd hoped. But, it was the easiest way to get rid of books, since I only had to drive them a couple of blocks, and didn't have to pay shipping. Next time, if there is next time, I'll save up my books and sell them at our neighborhood garage sale.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selling to amazon is too much hassle for me so I guess the DTBs are staying with me.  :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
Some people have been very successful at selling them here as well :)

I will be going through the same quest soon once I get everything organized, I will be looking to sell a number of my DTBs, including the complete Honor Harrington set by David Weber since I now have them all in Kindle format :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
In fact I would rather donate to the USO or some other military organization or a woman's battered or other organization than sell.  The next time I head north of the border I plan on taking a lot of my DTBs to do just that.  There was a thread on here awhile back with suggestions, I'll see if I can find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts