Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been reading about authors getting their books and themselves banned from Amazon because of content issues with their books. It is not super clear though what those issues are. I'm writing a book about culturing live foods for aquarium fish. I have a website and sell live food cultures from it. Does Amazon allow me to include links to my website and the products I sell in my ebook, or is that forbidden and something that can get me and my book banned? Thanks in advance for your time and input. Fishguy1955

Registered
I don't think it is an issue to link to your website at the end of your book. But I think Amazon will see things differently if you drop links to various products throughout your text. In essence, they are most concerned about the primary purpose of your book. If they deem it is intended to sell products, then you could be in trouble.

Registered
I've been reading about authors getting their books and themselves banned from Amazon because of content issues with their books. It is not super clear though what those issues are. I'm writing a book about culturing live foods for aquarium fish. I have a website and sell live food cultures from it. Does Amazon allow me to include links to my website and the products I sell in my ebook, or is that forbidden and something that can get me and my book banned? Thanks in advance for your time and input. Fishguy1955
The terms of your contact are clear with Amazon KDP.

"You may not include in any book any advertisements or other content that is primarily intended to advertise or promote products or services."

They have it covered with "other content" because the link to your website is there to send readers to a site that sells product to its target audience.

You could ignore it, but then risk account termination.

Reactions: Fishguy1955

Registered
Yes, Amazon will not allow you to advertise using the link directly. That's what you seem to be doing. You may be allowed give link to an informative blog where your product may be listed????? Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts