Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kindle Keyboard 3 & an iPod touch 4 with the Kindle app. During the day I read on the kindle and in bed at night on the ipod. So I need to be able to sync books on both devices. Someone here mentioned to me that instead of emailing them to my kindle to use this app. Which worked perfectly...for one book. The 2nd book I sent it didn't sync between the two books and now it won't send me anything to either device.

My personal doc. library is at 0 out of 5gb...the items I send are not in my archive even though I check off that they be added...and I've tried emailing them to test it and they never get delivered (and so far no emails bouncing have been sent back). Items I buy download fine.

Any ideas why this won't work, or what to try next? I'm very frustrated and it is very important that the books be able to sync themselves. I get a lot of review copies that I have to send to myself and need to start a new one tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
67,496 Posts
The things you sent:  Do you see them under Personal Documents at MYK on Amazon?  If so, then they are sending, they're just not getting to your kindle.  Probably a hiccup in the wireless. Couple of things to try.

Toggle wireless off then back on again. Do a sync.  If they don't come (which they might not if they're 'old'), go to MYK and send them again from there.  Or find them in your archive/cloud and d/l them that way.

If that doesn't work, do a restart of the device with wireless on (menu/settings/menu/restart). Then re-download them.

Note that if the book is not in the proper format, they won't get sent.  It needs to be something convertible to Kindle format or a PDF.  StK should know if it's a compatible file, though, and not be available if it's not.  They also need to NOT have any copy protection.  And PDF files don't convert; they stay PDF and I don't think syncing happens at all.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
SusanCassidy said:
PDF files will convert if you email them and put "convert" in the subject line.
True! If you send them via email and not the Send to Kindle app that Ann was talking about.

Let us know SOHKat7!

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts