Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded a PDF that I wanted to have converted for my Kindle. I emailed it to my kindle email address yesterday. Is that all I need to do? When should it appear, if I did it correctly?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It should appear within minutes. Make sure your sending email address is authorized to send documents to your Kindle, and make sure the WN is on when you send it.

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
How did the conversion go?

Has anybody compared Mobibook Creator to Amazon's conversion?  Which does the better job?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It actually looks pretty great.  I haven't tried Mobipocket yet, since I have only had my Kindle for a week. I plan to try it out soon, though, because I want to upload some free public domain books.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
jmeaders said:
How did the conversion go?

Has anybody compared Mobibook Creator to Amazon's conversion? Which does the better job?
They come out more or less the same. Creator let's you change the metadata so you can put the author's name in the right place. With the email, your email address shows up as the author. But other than that, not a lot of difference.

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
Which means no good if you have diagrams, which is typical of the computer manuals I would like to put on my Kindle.  :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts