Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Thank you for allowing me to talk about my new YA fantasy called Seranfyll.

It's about a thirteen-year-old girl called Rain, who's a slave in a country where slaves aren't allowed proper names. After being sold and separated from her sister to pay part of a debt, she ends up being bought and freed by an eccentric young nobleman named Domrey Seranfyll. So, for the first time in her life, Rain has to decide for herself what she will do with that freedom.

I hope you will check it out, especially if you are a young or a young-at-heart reader. I invite you to also visit my blog and Facebook page; the links are in my signature.

Thanks again!

US | UK | KindleBoards Profile

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Christina, and congratulations on your book!

(If you've gotten this welcome before, it's just as a matter of housekeeping. We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.)

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Betsy and Ann.

I have my first review from a book blogger! L.M. Stull over at Between the Lines Bookclub posted this about Seranfyll:

"Every once and awhile you read a book that moves you. A book that tackles your heart and soul with such raw emotion that you have no chance of escaping it. Today, I write about such a book. It's title? Seranfyll.... I cannot even begin to tell you how highly I recommend this book. You will laugh, cry and most certainly want to read the book again."

You can read the full review here.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My second book blog review! Bethany Beard posted this on her blog My indie, my tea and me:

"This was a very enjoyable book. I'm really looking forward to more in the series and seeing where Daley takes the story. I appreciate the potential for increasing plot depth and feel this series could be a very satisfying tale of good and evil. The options are limitless. So get to writing, Ms. Daley. I expect great things from you."

The full review can be read here.

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More lovely reviews (including my first UK one!), a couple guest blogs, and some fun things on my blog :)

Reviews

"Seranfyll, a brand new novel by Christina Delay, will take readers to a wonderful place where horses fly and houses sneeze, where mops and pails bark like dogs and clean of their own accord, where trees walk and butlers are created - willy-nilly - out of chickens. It's a delightful place. A place of animation and imagination. A place I thoroughly enjoyed visiting." - Bookworm Blather

"I don't generally read a lot of books that are suitable for 10 years + , but when I saw the synopsis of this book with its suggestion that fans of Harry Potter would enjoy it (I love HP) I thought I should definitely give it a try.... I found the book well paced, drawing me into the story quickly and other than a handful of typos there's not really anything negative for me to say about this wonderful charming (and charmed) book." - Booked Up

Guest blogs

"Often when I write, I'm trying to figure something out. I have a question, and in the quest for the answer, sometimes I'll put that matter into a story. Then, I let the characters hash it out until a satisfactory answer arises--in theory at least. Among the many questions that I explored in Seranfyll, one of the main ones was, 'What does real love look like?'" - Book Goggles

"I loved the fact that Wilberforce was talented but flawed, rich but generous, eccentric and yet sincere. And he decided as a young man to pour the rest of his life into an effort that was quite near impossible. After all, he wasn't simply contending with bureaucracy; he was fighting social norms that said owning and abusing other human beings was okay. In learning about him, his cause, and his victory, I had found a great a base model for Domrey Seranfyll (although, I imagine Domrey to be a touch more handsome)." - My Love Affair With Books

Fun stuff

Daley Show OMAKE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts