Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of my series has been block and I was notified by e-mail. I sent them a reply, but I am not sure it will do a lot of good. I checked the KDP community and there are others that are having the same problem. I guess I will have to call one of their representatives next week. I haven't had a lot of luck with working with them though.

Has anyone on here had any of their series blocked?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am still getting series blocked and have had about 6 so far. The block will not allow me to put anything new in the series. I am not writing any new books for these series so that is not a problem.

I think there must be a glitch in the program since I have had so many series blocks. The series blocks do not affect the actual books since they are not blocked.

Overall the new series is a great idea since it is easy for the customers to find the novels in my series.

I will call next week and see if they can find out what is wrong.

I am not overly concerned since the series has increased my sales and reads which is the important thing.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted a tech and she gave the information to another department and said they would send me an e-mail since they didn't have telephone service. It sounds like the other person is working at home. Blame it on corona virus.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's strange that the series is blocked but the books are okay.  Have you googled the series name to see if there is another series out there with the same name?

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
It's some kind of glitch on the new series page thing. Lots of people have had problems with it, but as far as I know, Amazon gets it straightened out. It does not affect the books themselves, just that series page. As usual, Amazon rolled something out before working the bugs out, and we get to have the heart attacks over it.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's some kind of glitch on the new series page thing. Lots of people have had problems with it, but as far as I know, Amazon gets it straightened out. It does not affect the books themselves, just that series page. As usual, Amazon rolled something out before working the bugs out, and we get to have the heart attacks over it.
I think you are right and hopefully they will straighten my series out. They should get back to me next week.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yeah, I had one series blocked. I figured it was because the titles of the books in that series offended their tender sensibilities and just left it alone. It was non-fiction, non-racy books.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news! They unlocked two of my series and said they were working on the other ones. I added on another book to one of the series that was blocked.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
There's something wrong with the system. I suspect it could be seeing the duplicate metadata and throwing a false violation. Amazon will figure it out. Eventually.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My two series that were blocked were unblocked today. It took five days for them to do it. In all I had five series that were blocked and now they are all unblocked.

There's something wrong with the system. I suspect it could be seeing the duplicate metadata and throwing a false violation. Amazon will figure it out. Eventually.
I agree with you that there is something wrong in the system. I think the series will stay blocked though unless Amazon is notified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts