Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since at least two of the books we're reading in the book klubs are series books, what are we going to do next? 

I mean, now that we're all hooked on Jamie, are we just going to leave him behind?  Or are we going to go on with the Outlander series later?

Because I have a real feeling that we're all going to be hooked on Eric after Dead Until Dark too.  And vampires can be extremely persuasive.

Any suggestions?  Other comments?  Is that a rabbit over there?

~robin

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
So, since at least two of the books we're reading in the book klubs are series books, what are we going to do next?

I mean, now that we're all hooked on Jamie, are we just going to leave him behind? Or are we going to go on with the Outlander series later?

Because I have a real feeling that we're all going to be hooked on Eric after Dead Until Dark too. And vampires can be extremely persuasive.

Any suggestions? Other comments? Is that a rabbit over there?

~robin
You might want to read the series by Melanie Nowak.....Almost Human 1-3. Its only $9.99 on Amazon. LOVED IT!!!! Here is a link
--added Kindleboards link. Note: book includes 3 volumes Betsy

She is already working on #4. :)

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Gertie has already said she might be good for a few more of the Outlander series. 

Dead Until Dark started because of inquiries about the current book in the series, and I suggested we might want to start at the beginning, so my intent always was for DUD  ::) to be the Southern Vamp Book Klub or eventually the Vampire Lit Book Klub.  Doesn't mean that you have to keep leading it Robin, although you're welcome to continue as long as you want.  Or until there's an uprising.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't mean that you have to keep leading it Robin, although you're welcome to continue as long as you want. Or until there's an uprising.
I had hoped to continue leading it, but perhaps I'll reconsider from where I'll lead it. "Georgia" seems like too much of an undefendable space, so maybe I'll see if I can locate a secret bunker, and lead the series from there.

·
Registered
731 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
"Georgia" seems like too much of an undefendable space, so maybe I'll see if I can locate a secret bunker, and lead the series from there.
Sherman certainly found it so. Cheney is done with his bunker, perhaps you could use that?

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
ScottBooks said:
Cheney is done with his bunker, perhaps you could use that?
If you can find it. . . .undisclosed location, ya know. . .

Ann

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
I had hoped to continue leading it, but perhaps I'll reconsider from where I'll lead it. "Georgia" seems like too much of an undefendable space, so maybe I'll see if I can locate a secret bunker, and lead the series from there.
I'll loan you my fidelius charm handbook. You can trust me to be your secret keeper.

Yes, Betsy, I'll do Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager for the Outlander Klub, as long as the members want to continue. Then I'll pass on the baton.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheney is done with his bunker, perhaps you could use that?
undisclosed location, ya know. . .
Funny you should both mention it. We have real reason to think that Cheney's bunker is in Georgia, and it's weird b/c I lately had exactly the same conversation on another, apparently unrelated board. Hmmmm. Have the spies already found me? That's not good.

Thanks Gertie, you're going to be a lifesaver! I'll keep doing the Southern Vampire mysteries until there's no more audience or until the Eric comments get out of hand.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Funny you should both mention it. We have real reason to think that Cheney's bunker is in Georgia, and it's weird b/c I lately had exactly the same conversation on another, apparently unrelated board. Hmmmm. Have the spies already found me? That's not good.

Thanks Gertie, you're going to be a lifesaver! I'll keep doing the Southern Vampire mysteries until there's no more audience or until the Eric comments get out of hand.
One of his earlier bunkers is about 60 miles outside Wash DC; some friends of mine lived next door to it and had to be interviewed by government people. I think that one was eventually abandoned as too many people knew of it. Maybe he moved to GA after that.

Betsy

·
Registered
835 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I'll loan you my fidelius charm handbook. You can trust me to be your secret keeper.

Yes, Betsy, I'll do Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager for the Outlander Klub, as long as the members want to continue. Then I'll pass on the baton.
Oh, yes, Gertie, that would be wonderful if you would do Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager. Thanks so much for all you have done for Outlander. You are doing a wonderful job. It's really adding a lot of enjoyment to my first time reading this book.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Dori said:
Are Jamie and Claire in more books???
Yes, there are six books so far with two more to come. The next one will be issued in the Fall. It's a good thing it's on Kindle. The weight of the last three books is enough to qualify as a workout.

Suzanne said:
Oh, yes, Gertie, that would be wonderful if you would do Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager. Thanks so much for all you have done for Outlander. You are doing a wonderful job. It's really adding a lot of enjoyment to my first time reading this book.
Awww, that's so nice. I'm just glad that y'all are enjoying the book and having a good time. Not to mention that this Klub is giving me an excuse to read the book again.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am all for continuing both series. Of course, I haven't started DUD yet, but it sounds like I'm going to get hooked in no time. ;) And of course, I love series. :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am definitely up for continuing with Jamie and Claire. Yes, I have read the series, but I am enjoying Outlander so much, I have to keep going.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Confession is good for the soul. I cheated. I'm almost done with Outlander! I simply cannot stop reading this great book!
It's okay, you're among friends here. I already started the next one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts