Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new skin for my K1 last week (I really never got into the one I have now, it just never seemed quite right).  On the same day I ordered a skin for my Acer Aspire One. The Acer skin came yesterday but according to the tracking the Kindle skin has been sitting at my post office since yesterday! I called and they said there just hasn't been room on the truck and they'll get it to me tomorrow. No room for a thin cardboard envelope? Did I mention I live 5 minutes down the street from said post office but they won't let me pick it up without a slip? ARGH! I want my skin! *pout* LOL!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
So sorry you're frustrated.  Sometimes it seems like there's always glitches. 
Which skin did you get?
deb

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I ordered a new skin for my K1 last week (I really never got into the one I have now, it just never seemed quite right). On the same day I ordered a skin for my Acer Aspire One. The Acer skin came yesterday but according to the tracking the Kindle skin has been sitting at my post office since yesterday! I called and they said there just hasn't been room on the truck and they'll get it to me tomorrow. No room for a thin cardboard envelope? Did I mention I live 5 minutes down the street from said post office but they won't let me pick it up without a slip? ARGH! I want my skin! *pout* LOL!
I'd be pretty seriously annoyed myself.

I've had my Acer skin for a couple of weeks, but I'm all thumbs when it comes to applying this sort of thing. I have to wait until my daughter comes to visit in July (sigh). She skinned my K for me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Awwwwww, How about I give you a hug. That was really an absurd answer from the post office. No room on the truck? Who are they kidding.  ::) ::)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gertie, don't be afraid to give it a try-they are seriously easy to apply and easy to reposition if needed too! :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
wow!  That's absurd.  Can you imagine how full the truck would have to be for a skin not to fit!

I would also be really annoyed, I'm surprised you didn't go Postal on them  ;D

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
I ordered a new skin for my K1 last week (I really never got into the one I have now, it just never seemed quite right). On the same day I ordered a skin for my Acer Aspire One. The Acer skin came yesterday but according to the tracking the Kindle skin has been sitting at my post office since yesterday! I called and they said there just hasn't been room on the truck and they'll get it to me tomorrow. No room for a thin cardboard envelope? Did I mention I live 5 minutes down the street from said post office but they won't let me pick it up without a slip? ARGH! I want my skin! *pout* LOL!
Oh, no. I've had some bad delivery experiences with my post office, where they don't even ring me that they have a package downstairs and just leave a notice so that I have to pick it up and sometimes they don't even leave the notice!

Is your post office, by any chance, on West 52nd Street in Manhattan?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first got my Kindle in November I got a DecalGirl Flowerburst skin in blue and loved it. The one I have now is a 3acp skin. I peeled it up part way to check and no residue, so that's a relief. Please don't flame me, but the one I have on the way is also a 3acp. I'm sorry but I think the DecalGirl K1 skins that would go with my purple ROH Oberon are just plain ugly. All the ones I really like would clash with my cover, and all the pretty purple ones are K2 only. I asked for a quote for a custom one (just taking one of the K2 skins and making it into a K1 skin) and was quoted $30! Way too much. I love the DecalGirl skin (Peace Out) I just got for my Acer netbook though!

Please know I agree with all of you who are dismayed that 3acp ignores complaints about residue and I don't blame anyone who decides to stay away from them. I've had a netbook skin from them (on my old Eee PC that has since been sold) and now a K1 skin and fortunately neither has any residue. I guess I've been very lucky. If DecalGirl had prettier, artsy type skins like 3acp does I'd have ordered from them instead. As I said I love love love my DecalGirl netbook skin!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Gertie, don't be afraid to give it a try-they are seriously easy to apply and easy to reposition if needed too! :)
Ahhhh, but I have this wonderful daughter with a master's degree that needs to feel useful. That's why I let her handle the skins. ::)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am so angry I can't see straight. I ordered a skin from 3acp last week. It sat in my post office for TWO DAYS because the jerks (so I'm told) just didn't have room on the truck. I was told it would be delivered today. So I wait, and wait, and wait. Mail arrives. NO SKIN! Livid, I go check the Delivery Confirmation number I was given. It says DELIVERED but I HAVE NO SKIN! Either the post office is lying or the incompetent carrier delivered it to someplace else. I AM FURIOUS.  The post office refuses to do a damn thing, they say the sender has to initate the complaint. I sent an email to 3acp but we all know they completely ignore emails so I am pretty much screwed out of my skin and the money I paid for it. I am so damn angry right now!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've been in the same situation many times. Normally though, it truly gets delivered the next day. I try not to worry about it. Try waiting another day and see what happens. The confirmation sticker might have been accidentally scanned to indicate it delivered, or they lied as you said to make it seem like it's not their fault it was sitting in the post office for two days.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ugh...Don't get me started on the mail...sorry if there are any mailworkers here.  Let's see all in the past few months...My son sent me a check from NYC and the it took 3 weeks to get to AZ.  He mailed a second check since we thought the first one was lost in the mail and that never arrived and hasn't been cashed.  I sent gift cards to 2 people  and they never received them... Now instead of putting gift cards in with a card I now put them in a padded bag !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Now that's interesting.  When we mail an order and the customer says it has not been delivered -- but the P.O. shows delivery confirmation scan -- the P.O. tells us the CUSTOMER has to contact his or her post office!

When the Delivery Confirmation barcode is scanned, the scan incorporates the postal carrier's ID.  The P.O. can speak directly to the carrier who scanned the package to ask where he or she left it (on a porch, for example).

We've been through this several times... sometimes the husband or wife brought the package in; sometimes the package has been delivered to the wrong address; sometimes we never locate the package!   But the P.O. always has the RECIPIENT (well, the INTENDED recpient...) contact his or her own post office -- not the sender!

The only time the sender has to get involved is if he/she paid for insurance coverage, and I doubt that anyone would buy insurance for an inexpensive Kindle skin.

You should go in person to the post office that delivers to your zip code, with a copy of the Delivery Confirmation number, and ask to speak to the manager.  A PITA, I know, but probably the only way to get anyone's attention.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I waited for a camera strap for several weeks. I even went to the Post Office with the tracking number, which online said it had arrived at my local PO. They claimed they didn't have it....The PO also told me that the Sender had to contact the PO, they could do nothing for me.

A few days went by, and my mailman finally brought it, the packaging was all squished and dirty.... Apparently it had been under someone's desk, and he handed it to my carrier and let him know it had been laying around for a while.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunately I really don't have the time to go to the post office to try and fix my idiot mail carrier's mistakes. I'm going out of town tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until late Saturday. I'll try and go tomorrow morning but as I have some deadlines it won't be easy. When I called I was told the shipper has to file a claim. I paid via Paypal so that's useless since the DC says delivered. Paypal doesn't give a damn if it really wasn't.

I want my mail carrier FIRED. I know that sounds harsh but this isn't the first time they've screwed up. We get our neighbors mail at least once a week as well as mail meant for addresses blocks and blocks away. We always deliver it to the correct address ourselves but I can't count on whoever has my skin to do the same. They may mark it return to sender, take it to the post office, or even just throw it away.

3acp will most likely ignore my emails. They have no reason to care. They got their money and they know Paypal will rule in their favor if I open a dispute because the DC says delivered. My only hope is that it's sitting in one of my neighbor's mailboxes and they will bring it over tonight when they find it. I'm not holding my breath though. With my luck they'll throw it away or mark it returned to sender or something and it'll either take forever to get here or I'll never get it.

Have I mentioned how angry I am right now? I am enraged, furious, livid....ARGH!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG it's even worse. Idiotic me misread the DC info-it says it was delivered on 5/27! YESTERDAY! Yep, thanks a lot USPS. Your incomptence has screwed me out of a skin and $20. I officially hate you.

I will never order another thing online unless it's shipped UPS or FedEX.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After reading the little article on how the USPS bought people out of their million dollar homes so they could move for work, raised prices, cut services, chewed me for using e-mail and UPS (I get a discount) I figure eh beep 'em.  They can shove their stamps where the sun doesn't shine.

·
Registered
552 Posts
And the U.S. Postmaster wonders why the Postal System is losing money.  I certainly do not have any confidence in the USPS any longer.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell me about it KC. It got worse. The PO changed the status to delivered-yesterday. But no skin here. How incompetent can a company get? I guess I should be thankful that I only lost $20 and a Kindle skin. Could have been worse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts