Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We would like to thank everyone that took the time to submit to our first romance contest. Here at SFWG we want to try and celebrate all genres of short fiction which is why we chose something very different from speculative fiction this time around.

And now for the results!

First Prize goes to Amy Krohn for her story "The Third Painting." Amy has graciously offered to give a free PDF copy to anyone interested in reading her story. You can contact her at: [email protected]

Second Prize goes to Laura Lond for her story "A Merman's Kiss."

Third Prize goes to Melissa Keir for her story "A Christmas Accident."

Always be on the lookout for future contest announcements from SFWG!

Contest announcement link: http://shortfictionwritersguild.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/sfwg-2013-romance-contest-results/[/url

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C.C. Kelly said:
Too funny and not yet I'm afraid. (I can't believe I never heard that one.)

I suppose we can hijack our own thread in favor of stripper romance/erotic pen names. How did that go, your first street and first pet name or something along those lines. ;D

Alas, all of my various combinations make me sound like an extra in Lucas' THX-1138.

Let the puns, um...reign.
My favorites are still when they have a really obvious smut last name. Like Karen Moning or Mary Wine.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sign me up. My name? Rose Cullord-Peaks.

*bows to the cheers*

:D

ETA: I was joking at first, but now that I've reread the OP, I'm seriously considering this. The max limit is 17,500 words but what is the min limit? I'm thinking about 7,000 words or so...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts