Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a cold wet day down here in south Florida, so I was able to get done with work a bit early.  I made my towards the gym to get my mile of walking in when my hubby called.  He was letting me know that he was on his way to the movies and would grab something to eat afterwards.  I broke all speed limits to get home-forget the gym! I had at least 3-4 hours to write, the house was mine. No interruptions, do need to talk, or cook or ANYTHING!  As soon as I got home, I turned off my cell, blocked the internet, grabbed a cup of coffee and my m&ms and got to work.
Does every writer cherish alone time like this? Should I feel guilty? Nope! I can't wait for my next afternoon alone, just like the kids do where their parents go out for an evening. ;)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Victoria LK said:
Today was a cold wet day down here in south Florida, so I was able to get done with work a bit early. I made my towards the gym to get my mile of walking in when my hubby called. He was letting me know that he was on his way to the movies and would grab something to eat afterwards. I broke all speed limits to get home-forget the gym! I had at least 3-4 hours to write, the house was mine. No interruptions, do need to talk, or cook or ANYTHING! As soon as I got home, I turned off my cell, blocked the internet, grabbed a cup of coffee and my m&ms and got to work.
Does every writer cherish alone time like this? Should I feel guilty? Nope! I can't wait for my next afternoon alone, just like the kids do where their parents go out for an evening. ;)
I actually feel the same way. No kids, but when my wife goes out to the movies or with friends or whatever, I love being able to put something mindless on the TV, sit at the laptop and write or edit like crazy. It always seems like when I try this when she's at home, she'll watch some crappy cop show and want to start a lengthy conversation during the commercials...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts