·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
List of Kindle Vella stories:

Bringing the Olympics Home by Meredith Deichler

Blue Moon Rising: The Skinwalker Tales by Xina Marie Uhl

Princess of Rodeo Drive by J.F. Lawton

Everything Went Black: The Tokio Jones Story as told to Janice Livingston by Janice Livingston

The Sharded Few: A Progression Fantasy by Alec Hutson

Crash Diet by Florence O’Flaherty

How to Tame Your Vampire by Anni Lee

The Last Laugh: A Small Town Horror Serial by J. Tanner

Miss Understood by Shel Delisle

Love Over Kpop by Marilyn Vix

Watermelon Head and Other Tall Tales by Nelson Yu

Letters To Clementine by A.U. Laugesen

Try this at home. Please. The Davis kids take STEM to little Aiken's Corner by Murt Gibson

A Nest Of Thorns by Karen Nilsen

That Monster Called Magic: Acamagica Year 1 by S.A. Hunter (old title - Acamagica: Year 1)

Girl on the Elevator by Greg Dragon

Dark Is A Way by L.P. Styles

The Molecule Thief by L.P. Styles

School for Spirits: Pretty Dead Girl by Aron Lewes

The Scariest Monsters Are Our Own (Gaslamp Faeries Series, Book 4) by Ren Ryder

Strange Apocalypse: Wolf’s Den by Marie Salazar

Deorca Malefica by Carmilla Cross

The Forty Foot Bad Idea: True Tales of a Teenage Bus Driver by V.K.E. Jones

Weaving’s High Crimes and Misdemeanors by E.T. Brey

Scott Clark, Cyber Investigator by A.G. Kimbrough

ALIVE AGAIN: A Zombie Apocalypse in a Dystopian World by T.W. Piperbrook

My Enemy Next Door by Emma Dalton

Blood and Moon (A Young Adult Vampire and Werewolf Romance) by Dee J. Stone

Vegas and the Chicago Outfit by Al Moe

The Contract by George L. Cook III

Through the Trees by Jody Wenner

Death and Life: A Biography by Hugh Howey

The Theft by Aaron Frale

My Three-Year-Old Is a Barbarian and Other Parenting Problems by Aaron Frale

Magnified and Sanctified by J David Core

Invasion Nation by Gene Doucette

Let me know the title and link to yours and I’ll add it to this list for easy access.

Ways to support the stories and authors:
  1. Like the chapters/episodes by hitting the thumbs up button.
  2. Leave a customer review on the story’s page.
  3. Post to other story sharing threads in social media and other sites. (e.g. https://twitter.com/hashtag/KindleVella?src=hashtag_click&f=live)
  4. Follow the story.
  5. Spend tokens on stories you like.

Catch up on some Vella threads:

Who is planning on launching a Vella story?

Vella author’s note best practices

Kindle Vella Dashboard

Vella to start in july this year

What’s Trending on Vella?

Anyone care to share their experiences of Vella so far either as a reader or an author?

Continue reading, writing and supporting Vella stories out there, everyone!

=================
Original post:

With Kindle Vella going live sometime this week, maybe it would be nice to let each other know what the title of our stories are and even support them with reading the first 3 chapters, giving likes/thumbs up, etc.

Mine isn’t appearing at all in any Amazon searches yet, but it’s also scheduled for later this week. So still waiting while being excited about Vella starting to finally happen.

This is my serial, scheduled to go live this Friday:

Deorca Malefica

A vampire heir is on a mission to kill a formidable hunter, only to find herself going up against demons, werefolk, and one ghost sinister enough (maybe) to defeat her. Not everyone is an enemy, sure, but things aren't as they seem.

Drop yours below. :)

Update: Searches now brings up my story & episodes as of yesterday night. Yay! So relieved to see it’s there.😁
=================

*ETA to add list and other info. 7.15.21 thu
*Reordered for new links to be at the top since they’ll need more reads & support. 7.26.21 mon
*Weekly Kindle Vella
stats 7.25.21 8.3.21 tue
*Weekly Kindle Vella
stats 8.1.21 8.9.21 mon
*Modified thread title, added weekly Kindle Vella
stats 8.8.21 8.16.21 mon
*Updated a story title, corrected dates on stat posts, added weekly Kindle Vella stats 8.15.21
8.23.21 mon
*Weekly Kindle Vella stats 8.22.21 9.1.21 wed
*Weekly Kindle Vella stats 8.29.21 9.6.21 mon Happy Labor Day! to those who celebrate it🌞
*Weekly Kindle Vella
stats 9.5.21 9.13.21 mon
*Weekly Kindle Vella
stats 9.12.21 9.19.21 sun

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Mine is:

Invasion Nation

It's been five years since the day the aliens appeared out of nowhere and proceeded to annihilate nearly every member of the grossly unprepared human race. Now it's up to a handful of survivors--the remnants--to figure out not just how to stay alive, but how to strike back. Dor is one such survivor. She's made it this far thanks to a lot of smarts and a little luck. And something more. Because there's something a little different about Dor... whether she knows it or not.

It does show up in searches so feel free to check it out.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Here's a tip. If you're having difficulty searching for your story to get the link, try this. Go to the story details page where you publish your episodes. Each episode has an assigned ASIN, and it's an active link to take you directly to the episode. Click any one of them to open the episode, and you'll see the title of your story which is actually a link to the story's page on the Vella site. There you can get the ASIN for the story itself and the url to use as a link in your promotion of the story.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Magnified and Sanctified | Kindle Vella

Something is turning people into undead reapers. As monsters patrol the streets in search of unwitting recruits for their army of shambling sirens, Andrew Moore and his daughter are making their way toward the Atlantic coast in hope of refuge on one of the government's offshore sanctuaries. Can they survive long enough to reach their goal, or will the peculiar stranger they meet along the way put their chances of survival at risk?

·
Registered
357 Posts
My Three-Year-Old Is a Barbarian and Other Parenting Problems
Some jerkwad moon mage shoves the consciousness of Petra’s three-year-old into the body of a full-grown barbarian. Petra’s stuck in a halfling. There are pissed-off rangers, angry giants, a pompous vampire, and a necromancer out to kill her and her child. Despite being caught in a world where everything threatens to shuffle off her mortal coil, the hardest part is convincing a hulked-out man that the battle axe is not a toy, orcs are not cuddly, and that he should use the potty. New episodes every Friday.

The Theft
F hired me to do a straightforward job, but there was a slight snag in the operation when what I stole was stolen from me. Three goons showed up at my door to not so politely tell me that I have 24 hours to deliver F’s goods or my body will never be recovered. New episodes every Wednesday.

Also, only fave or thumb up my vellas if you enjoyed what you read.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

DEATH AND LIFE: A Biography

I've been reading a few of the other stories. I like reading on my phone more than I thought I might. And the tokens feel cheap (as in, they seem to last a long time for what they cost).

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I'd love to read some stories, but as well as being locked out from uploading episodes, apparently only readers from the US have access to read stories. Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: CF

·
Registered
19 Posts
Through the Trees is a speculative fiction/quarantine story about a girl and her father. I would love for people to check it out! So far, it’s been hard to get any traction, but I’ll keep posting and see how it goes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Check out my Kindle Vella horror series, The Contract.

The village of Wilksbury New Jersey is a wealthy village with only 54 residents, but few know how it stays that way. There is no visible industry or any type of business dealings. Everyone that lives there is simply rich.

Unfortunately for Corey, he is about to find out about the horrifying reason why. He is about to find out about the contract https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B0952MX99P

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for posting your stories, guys!

Here's a tip. If you're having difficulty searching for your story to get the link, try this. Go to the story details page where you publish your episodes. Each episode has an assigned ASIN, and it's an active link to take you directly to the episode. Click any one of them to open the episode, and you'll see the title of your story which is actually a link to the story's page on the Vella site. There you can get the ASIN for the story itself and the url to use as a link in your promotion of the story.
Unfortunately, the ASINs they gave my episodes and the serial itself aren’t clickable and won’t do anything. I contacted support and they will get back to me within 3 days.

Checked out the titles here and my very first impression was, it’s really just nice to see and read cleanly written chapters/episodes right off the bat. Obviously, it’s no surprise with writers who’ve been writing well and long enough for that kind of result. But if most of the other stories are similar in that quality then Vella would be just better than other serialization sites, hopefully even the paid ones too.

I'd love to read some stories, but as well as being locked out from uploading episodes, apparently only readers from the US have access to read stories. Best of luck everyone.
That just doesn’t sound right. Perhaps using a VPN with a US ip can work with at least only viewing them? Just a thought.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That just doesn’t sound right. Perhaps using a VPN with a US ip can work with at least only viewing them? Just a thought.
I haven't tried it, but I suspect you have to be logged into an account to read the stories. And I don't think that would work through a VPN (nor would I want to try, as the jumps in location could have the account flagged).

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mine is a YA Paranormal Romance Blood and Moon (A Young Adult Vampire and Werewolf Romance) | Kindle Vella
A girl caught in a love triangle with a vampire and werewolf? Yeah, that story has been done many times. But this is my story. My name is Anna Hart, and my heart is torn in two. Love for my best friend who is turning into a vampire, and love for the hot new guy who happens to be a werewolf. My once-boring life is now full of drama, mystery, danger, and of course romance. Who will I choose?

My friend's is a YA Sweet Romance My Enemy Next Door | Kindle Vella
His name is Xavier Andersen. I’m Amy Ross. Our families have been at war for the past five years. We avoid each other like the plague—even though I have a massive crush on him— and it’s been working so far. But then we get locked together over the weekend and…well… Maybe he doesn’t hate me as much as I thought. And maybe, just maybe, we don’t have to be enemies anymore.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't tried it, but I suspect you have to be logged into an account to read the stories. And I don't think that would work through a VPN (nor would I want to try, as the jumps in location could have the account flagged).
All good and valid points.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
=
I tired a VPN and that didn't work, so I also searched using my browser incognito with the VPN. Amazon still recognized me and asked me to sign in. As soon as I sign in I get the message, only for US readers. If you have moved address, change your account details.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My Vella story is a current day mystery featuring a PI, who uses technology to solve crimes.
So far, I've published 7 Episodes, and will be releasing 1 a week in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one that I am updating weekly. Should be pretty good.

Weaving's High Crimes and Misdemeanors
by E.T. Brey

Bishop Grey and his crew of misfit teenagers pull off some of the greatest crimes in the outer galaxy rim. When a new crew member, Isol Weaver, joins Bishop's crew everything changes. Now they are running for their lives and still trying to make a living as the greatest heist crew in the galaxy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is with a pen name, but it's something I've wanted to write for years. Just one up so far:

The Forty Foot Bad Idea: True Tales of a Teenage Bus Driver

Outrageous true stories from a former teenage bus driver! When V.K.E. Jones signs up to be a student bus driver during her first year of college in the early 2000s she thought she would learn a skill and make some extra money for books. During her three years driving, she encounters unruly students, blizzards, tornadoes, fires, the D.C. Sniper and other hair-raising adventures. All before she turns twenty-one. Updates on the 15th and last day of every month.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts