Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theoretically, if I have books on my Kindle, download them to "save" on my computer, and someone else with a Kindle connects to my computer, will they be able to download those books to their Kindle and read them? Or for that matter, if I save them on an SD card and give that card to another Kindle owner, will they then have those books on their Kindle?? Just curious...new to the world of Kindle and trying to understand how it works! TIA for any help!

Susie

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
When you download a book from Amazon, it has DRM on it that is associated with that specific Kindle. You can load the file onto a different Kindle, but you will not be able to open that file.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
It's something in the metadata of the book. The serial number they put in the metadata needs to match the serial number of the Kindle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pidgeon, completely unrelated question...is that a beagle or a basset in your avatar? I adopted a basset last year...love her to pieces but this morning when she kept barking as I tried to sleep (I work nightshift), I kept thinking what a beautiful Kindle cover she would make, LOL!

Susie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.