Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after asking around here on the board I am going to purchase my mom a k2 for mothers day.

my question now is if she wants to keep her k2 on her own account is there a way for us to still share books? Is there a way i can beam/send a book to her if she wants to read it?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Ok after asking around here on the board I am going to purchase my mom a k2 for mothers day.

my question now is if she wants to keep her k2 on her own account is there a way for us to still share books? Is there a way i can beam/send a book to her if she wants to read it?
The only way you can do that, with books purchased from Amazon, is to be on the same Amazon account.

L

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leslie said:
The only way you can do that, with books purchased from Amazon, is to be on the same Amazon account.

L
Is there a way for us to share an account but to use seperate billing methods for the actual purchasing of books???

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like basically I mean if we both share the same amazon account so that we can swap books back and forth is there a way for her 2pay for her books on her credit card and I can keep my kindle linked to my current credit card?? But then just if i want to let her "borrow" one of my books I can send it over?? Im kinda confused on the whole 2kindles one account thing. Sorry for my confusion!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Books can only be purchased via one-click, which will charge the default credit card. Thus, if you want to use different credit cards on the same account in order to share books, you will need to check/change the default credit card prior to purchasing a Kindle book.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My daughter and I share an account and we both have our credit cards on the account. We just go to the Manage Your Kindle section and switch to our own card. It is easy and fast. Because I travel and Marcy doesn't she will just switch the card back to mine, so I can buy books while in the airport. We have not had any issues with the switching. We also buy gift cards and apply that to the account and use it for the one click.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Kathy said:
My daughter and I share an account and we both have our credit cards on the account. We just go to the Manage Your Kindle section and switch to our own card. It is easy and fast. Because I travel and Marcy doesn't she will just switch the card back to mine, so I can buy books while in the airport. We have not had any issues with the switching. We also buy gift cards and apply that to the account and use it for the one click.
Yeah, that is one way to do it.

The way my Mom and I handle it is that I just let her use my CC and once a month I go into the account and add up what she has bought and let her know. She then pays me back. No big deal. It is my Mom after all. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I do something similar, and usually stick with the whole gift-card thing, and that's been working quite well for me.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
My brother and I share an account; I'm going to let him charge to my credit card and then repay me.  So far he owes me 0.99.  Leech.  ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
My brother and I share an account; I'm going to let him charge to my credit card and then repay me. So far he owes me 0.99. Leech. ;D
My mom and I share my account and we buy using my debit card. After she buys the book, she electronically transfers the amount into my checking account -- often times even before the debit transaction shows up on my account.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My cousin put a gift card in "our" Amazon account, she has just about used it up  :'(  She got busted though, she did not know that I get an e-mail notification on purchases  :D  To her credit she did write and tell me, I got it the same time I sent her a message with the subject "busted"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts