Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8) We are officially out of school now, and I have a couple trips planned with my family. Anyone else care to share vacation/staycation plans?  8)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rasputina said:
Don't have anyone left in school in the family, but we will probably just stay home and use the pool and bbq a lot.
Yum! We are BBQing RIGHT NOW! ;D Pork steaks, chicken, fresh pineapple (my fave) barbeque beans and corn-on-the-cob. ;)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ours isn't in school yet, so summer vacation doesn't mean much to us either :) We will be going to Sea World in a few weeks, though, since we'll be in San Antonio for a wedding. That should be a lot of fun for 2-year-old DD and her cousins.

PS - Your BBQ sounds yummy, Meredith! :p

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
marianner said:
Ours isn't in school yet, so summer vacation doesn't mean much to us either :) We will be going to Sea World in a few weeks, though, since we'll be in San Antonio for a wedding. That should be a lot of fun for 2-year-old DD and her cousins.

PS - Your BBQ sounds yummy, Meredith! :p
Thanks. Enjoy them not being in school yet. 8) You can go wherever you want whenever you want, after that... :mad:

Sea World will be awesome! Schliterbahn is not too far away either, but at two? May not be worth it, you would have to stay in the kiddie area a lot and not get to do many adult things. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well, my daughter will be flying out to San Diego to spend summer with Grandpa and all of her friends...going to movies, the beach, BBQs, and other fun stuff. The rest of us will be staying home and cleaning out the house while we figure out what to take to Okinawa and what to put in storage. Hopefully we can make it down to the beach a bit. Oh, and Harry Potter!

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Family reunion at the end of this month. This one's going to be a short (4 day, 3 night) cruise from Miami to the Bahamas and back. Other than that, no special plans for the summer other than probably spending a couple days at a friend's time-share on the Jersey shore at the end of July.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
Sea World will be awesome! Schliterbahn is not too far away either, but at two? May not be worth it, you would have to stay in the kiddie area a lot and not get to do many adult things. Enjoy!
Yeah, I love Schlitterbahn, but DD is definitely too young to fully appreciate it. We're not staying that long anyway.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NogDog said:
Family reunion at the end of this month. This one's going to be a short (4 day, 3 night) cruise from Miami to the Bahamas and back. Other than that, no special plans for the summer other than probably spending a couple days at a friend's time-share on the Jersey shore at the end of July.
Sounds like lots of fun. Hope you have a great time. 8)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vsch said:
Three out of five of us work in the hospitality business in a tourist area.....no summer vacations for us. I shouldn't complain though, we live at the beach!
Yeppers! Sounds like you get to help others enjoy their vacations too. ;D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
No summer vacation plans.  Most of my family is in the exterminating business and are very busy in the summer months.  We will enjoy spending time at my brother's house.  He has a beautiful backyard with pool,  gardens, cabana bar,  tv, music, etc. so there will be lots of fun family times there. 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I'm not a vacation person.  I have tried to go on vacations and I end up reading and cross stitching.  Things I could do at home.  I really need to spend my summer finding a place to live closer to work.  And I think I will take a few days and visit my daughter in Asheville, NC.  I have two weddings in July.  Family reunion in June.  Summer tends to fly by.  My boyfriend's property has 2 nice lakes and a couple of ponds.  We spend a lot of time fishing and sitting on the beach.  And it's free. 
Happy summer Kindle friends.
deb

·
Registered
904 Posts
My wife, one daughter, my Kindle and I will be visiting Munich Germany in September.  I'm very excited because it's my first visit to Europe.  I'm sure I'll have many pictures to share with my friends here at the KindleBoards!! ;D
jp

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, Deb & Dori sounds like you have vacations basically in your own backyards... no need to go ANYWHERE. I live in the city, but I am in a Master-Planned community, so we have trails, fishing ponds, pools etc. and the lake is two blocks away, but it is still the city.

We go camping with extended family and we have friends who live out of town, we will visit them for a week here and there and go on weekend trips to Austin and San Antonio and to New Orleans (inlaws live there so that's free!) So, getting away for me is really not about luxury it is about... getting away ;)! My Kindle books can do that for me too, for a lot cheaper. Hmmmmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jpmorgan49 said:
My wife, one daughter, my Kindle and I will be visiting Munich Germany in September. I'm very excited because it's my first visit to Europe. I'm sure I'll have many pictures to share with my friends here at the KindleBoards!! ;D
jp
AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I don't have much planned. I am going to Chicago at the end of July for a conference. In August, I leave for Switzerland for 10 days -- also work, but it's fun work, being in Switzerland. On the middle weekend I'll take the train to Germany to visit friends so that will be fun. My daughter is doing a 2 week art institute in NH so that will be a change for her.

We live in "Vacationland" (Maine) so we'll probably have some house guests at some point during the summer.

L

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
jpmorgan49 said:
My wife, one daughter, my Kindle and I will be visiting Munich Germany in September. I'm very excited because it's my first visit to Europe. I'm sure I'll have many pictures to share with my friends here at the KindleBoards!! ;D
jp
I visited Germany in 1997 and I enjoyed the Munich part of my trip. I hope you have a great time! Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was in Munich 7 years ago or so and had a great time! I am sure you will enjoy it.

My niece and nephew are coming from Texas to stay for six weeks so I have a lot of activities planned around them. June 26th through the 28th I will be working at the Summer Arts Festival in Omaha, www.summerarts.org, this will be something like my 12th year doing it. I got my niece involved last year in the children's fair and she is going to help again, she is so excited, she keeps telling everyone that she "has her own booth" that she runs. If you are near the Omaha area I am going to take June 29th through July 5th off then and spend the entire week with the kids. We will spend a lot of time at the pool, the zoo, and other outdoor activities including the BBQ's!

In September I am tentatively planning a trip to Australia, we'll see. I will know more by the end of the month. I have heard even though the exchange rate is pretty good it is still very expensive once you are there.

Anyway lots going on for me this summer...

Sam

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Our  two grandsons are staying with us 3 nights a week again this summer.  (My DD is a RN and works nights.)  Lucky for us we have a pool and two bachelor uncles to keep them happy. Lord only knows what my sons will think up this year.

Tessa

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.