Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined Shelfari.com when I read an article about Amazon purchasing it.  It is a social networking type of place where you put books you are reading or have read or want to read on "shelves".  I think the intent is to hook up readers like a virtual book club.  They have a group of Kindle users, but not much  conversation going on.

I was just curious if anyone here was also over there.  It serves a different purpose than a discussion board, I think.

Susan

·
Registered
829 Posts
Susan M said:
I joined Shelfari.com when I read an article about Amazon purchasing it. It is a social networking type of place where you put books you are reading or have read on or want to read on "shelves". I think the intent is to hook up readers like a virtual book club. They have a group of Kindle users, but not much conversation going on.

I was just curious if anyone here was also over there. It serves a different purpose than a discussion board, I think.

Susan
Checking it out now!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My username is Susan M but I am not the only one there with that name.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm Kirstin N and have been adding to my bookshelf....  ha ha  the I want to read list is growing... and growing......

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I just looked and I joined.  I'm Shellter over there.  My avatar / photo is the same as here.

·
Registered
829 Posts
oh my word.....  I've just added 276 books to my shelf!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
chynared21 said:
LOL, that's a lot of books you've got going, eh???
There are 3 categories: Read, reading, and I want to read..... Most of mine are under read but I have a healthy I want to read category going as well. :D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I have heard of this. You can also check out who has the same books or authors in their library. I have yet to join, but my friend in New York sends me invites every so often.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Susan M said:
I joined Shelfari.com when I read an article about Amazon purchasing it. It is a social networking type of place where you put books you are reading or have read or want to read on "shelves". I think the intent is to hook up readers like a virtual book club. They have a group of Kindle users, but not much conversation going on.

I was just curious if anyone here was also over there. It serves a different purpose than a discussion board, I think.

Susan
Thanks so much! I joined as Susan B. What fun!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I just signed up and added all of the books I have read the past couple of years to my profile. I keep track of books I have read and want to read in a Mac application called Delicious Library, so I export my list of books I have read, and the file importer on Shelfari was able to read it and add them all. Very nice. I look forward to seeing the benefits of this.....

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518028076/shelf

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pidgeon92 said:
I just signed up and added all of the books I have read the past couple of years to my profile. I keep track of books I have read and want to read in a Mac application called Delicious Library, so I export my list of books I have read, and the file importer on Shelfari was able to read it and add them all. Very nice. I look forward to seeing the benefits of this.....

http://www.shelfari.com/o1518028076/shelf
That's wonderful that your list was imported. I wish that I had kept track of what I read in the past. The closest that I came to keeping track was looking over my check-out history from the library and my purchase list from Amazon. I tend to forget many of the books I read and when I saw them at library sales and used book stores, I could never remember if I had read a book or not. With the Kindle and resources like Shelfari, maybe I can finally keep track. Of course, I am not spending any time looking for used books anymore.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I had to start keeping track, I had a bad habit of picking up books at the library that I had forgotten I already read.

The neat thing about Delicious Library is that it picks up all of the information from Amazon, including the description and similar books. I also keep a list there of books I want to read, and books I have to pick up via Inter-Library Loan. I have a huge list of books I would like to read, and I usually take about 5 of them along when I go to the library. It's also great for keeping track of other things like CDs, DVDs and video games. I highly recommend it to anybody who uses a Mac.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts