Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw someone over at the Amazon board post this (I only check over there every great once in awhile) and saw that you can get the complete Sherlock Holmes collection for 80 cents!! I didn't know if anyone would be interested, but I thought I'd post just in case!

Sherlock Holmes Complete Collection

Sorry, I don't know how to fancy link like you guys do!! I've never been all that into Sherlock Holmes but for 80 cents I thought it was worth it!

(Updated link - Admin.)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks admin :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I've never read a Sherlock Holmes book in my life. I wonder if it is time for me to begin? I mean...for 80 cents!

L

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leslie said:
I've never read a Sherlock Holmes book in my life. I wonder if it is time for me to begin? I mean...for 80 cents!

L
That's exactly what I thought! I think my main reason is that my brother has always been really into them and I've always thought about giving them a shot. Hey, why not?!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
If you look down a few posts, you find a link to the Mobilreference version of the Holmes canon on Amazon that has all the original illustrations from the Strand magazine. It’s not $0.80, but it’s still less than $4.00.

·
0 Posts
You can also buy the entire Arthur Conan Doyle collection, 200+ works including 33 novels which also has all the Sherlock Holmes books in it for under $5.00.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
The 80 cent Sherlock Holmes was one of my first purchases on the Kindle.  I haven't read any of them yet, but I used to love those books. 

·
Registered
81 Posts
I own a large paperback tome with miniscule fine print of all the Sherlock Holmes books. Being a Mormon, I've always found A Study in Scarlet interesting in a "passing by a accident on the freeway" kind of way. This 80 cent collection replaced my tome before the Kindle even arrived last month.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Definitely can't go wrong with Sherlock Holmes for only .80. I actually came across this myself a few days ago. Do the illustrations come through well on the Kindle? I was under the impression that they didn't always look good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Today I d/l the Sherlock Holmes series from manybooks.com  I have not put them on Eliot yet but I liked the price $0.00

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Rye said:
Do the illustrations come through well on the Kindle? I was under the impression that they didn't always look good.
The illustrations in the MobiReference edition are very nice. I've noticed that the one that sticks my memory from Silver Blaze is not included, though.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts