Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!  I hope you're enjoying the Spring so far!!!  I am thrilled to announce the availability of my legal thriller, CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS on Kindle!!!  The word is being spread fast and furiously on other forums and we've had great reviews so far.....the sequel, being polished as we speak, will hopefully be out later this year......please check it out and spread the word!  Most of all, enjoy!!!

Here's the synopsis:

Trust No One....
Rebecca Lawson, a young general-practice attorney in Vermont, expected to expand her practice when she was hired by Allan Richards to investigate a suspicious employee.  Instead, she finds herself amidst national and international conspiracies, manipulations, and murder.  With the help of an old colleague from Boston, Joshua Tameron, she learns that the financial security and innocent citizens of the United States are in imminent danger, and it is up to them to expose the truth.  Confidential Communications is a legal thriller that takes the reader on a ride which evaluates the vulnerability of us all while witnessing the downfall of greed.

Here's a little something about me:

Boston native, Suffolk University Law School alum, and former partner of Saltzman & McNaught LLP, J.R. Reardon has practiced in many areas including civil and criminal litigation.  She has taught insurance law with her father and is published in the Suffolk University Law Review.  Reardon is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of Massachusetts, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. She is also active in several legal associations in both Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. 

The AISN number is: ASIN: B0024NLKR8
Feel free to check out my profile page on Amazon too and view the exciting book trailer video!!!

Looking forward to hearing from my fellow Kindlers!!!   ;D

Jeannine

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  Dl'd a sample.  thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the greetings, everyone!  It's great to be here! :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome J.R;
I've found some cool people here and I'm sure you will meet a whole lot more.
Hey Kindler-ers,
I had the pleasure of reading CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS and here is my Amazon review:

Sex, lies, international conspiracy and murder-this book has it all               

Becky Lawson is a new attorney building a modest law practice in a small Vermont town when she inadvertently uncovers corporate fraud. Her strict code of ethics puts her in such danger proving that no good deed goes unpunished. Soon Becky and her loved ones are caught in a web of murderous intrigue, including her beloved cat Miranda. J.R.Reardon does a splendid job creating characters that we love, hate, and fear. The author slowly creates a complex financial conspiracy that her hero tackles head on. As complex as the fraud is, the author is able to clearly guide the reader through while maintaining a high level of excitement. There are enough plot twists and turns to make the Indy 500 jealous. Who do you trust? Buy this page burner and find out for yourself.

Mike Monahan
author of
Barracuda

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got your book on my tbr-pile, since I don't own a kindle myself, but that might change very soon.
Kudos, Jeannine, for kindleing your book. I just did the same a few days ago. Ain't it grand?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It sounds wonderful -- I am buying a copy today.  Can hardly wait to read it.!  Thanks for letting us know about it, and welcome.  :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone!  I just wanted to wish my e-friends a Happy Mother's Day!  Whether you are a mother, daughter, son, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, grandparent, or friend....it's a day to celebrate family, and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!  ;D

Your friend,
Jeannine
J.R. Reardon

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy Saturday everyone!  And thank you so much again for the kind welcomes! It is so much fun being in the digital age!!!!!  I hope everyone's been doing well - I've been reading fast and furiously and working on the sequel to Confidential Communications, proudly due to reader request......have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Jeannine

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good afternoon everyone!

What a month we've had! First of all, the new website is up and running at last...please stop by, take a look and tell your friends!!! www.jrreardon.com

This morning I awoke to find that CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS has received another fabulous review on Amazon! I would like to share it with you below...

"****Mystery fans, meet attorney Rebecca Lawson, May 25, 2009
By Reads to Sleep

In J. R. Reardon's first book, Confidential Communications, we meet a very likable protagonist named Rebecca Lawson. She is an idealistic young attorney with a terrific sense of humor who has just purchased a log cabin in Deering, Vermont. Shortly after her arrival in Deering, she is already dating the son of the country store's owner, Charlie McCabe, and establishing her practice. Life is good. Then two things happen: Charlie McCabe disappears, and Lawson becomes the corporate attorney of Allan Richards, CEO of Financial Investments. Richards hires her to investigate one of his employees, but suddenly Lawson's case morphs into one involving national and international conspiracies, manipulation of financial markets, and murder.

One of the things I enjoyed most about this book is listening to Lawson talk about what it is like being a brand-new lawyer. She shares her thoughts about a lawyer's responsibility to a client in matters as small as returning phone calls and as large as the confidential communications doctrine. We learn about Lawson's experiences with probate and family court, juvenile cases, and personal injury cases. Lawson explains the concept of "zealous advocacy" that she learned in law school, what the term "a big case" means for a lawyer, and how the ideal judge runs a courtroom. Her dream is to become a judge herself.

Reardon's characters are so nicely drawn that I felt I could recognize them in a coffee shop. While she was in law school, Lawson developed a close friendship with a fellow student named Joshua Tameron. Tameron is the kind of guy all young women (and men) would like as a friend--honest, thoughtful, funny, and smart. Luckily for Lawson and the reader, Tameron joins the investigation.

The plot in this book is ambitious, but Reardon explains the workings of the stock market and how financial crimes are committed in a way that is easy to understand. She includes not only the investigation of the crime, but the trial too. The writing is relaxed and clear. It was a pleasure to watch Lawson investigate in this book, and I hope to catch her at work in a future book."

Have a wonderful, safe, and relaxing month everyone!!!

Your friend,
Jeannine
J.R. Reardon

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Always love a new book

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me too, Cheerio!!!  ;D