Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know a Shopify Book Print on Demand App or Solutions Selling Books on Your Own Website?

I have heard some are now selling their books on their own site to get customer data, emails, to build a list. Does anyone know or heard of possible solutions for this?

What app or serice is good for automating this process so the customer buys and then its automatically fulfilled?

Thank you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only print on demand outfit I know of that has a Shopify app, is Lulu.

Darcy Pattison, the children's book author, detailed her experience:

https://www.darcypattison.com/publishing/online-bookstore

Another self-publisher, Andrew Couldwell, described what he went through. His own take on Lulu was less positive than Darcy's.

https://medium.com/how-to-self-publish-a-book/what-i-learned-printing-selling-and-distributing-a-self-published-book-8607063d29a2

Andrew wound up printing his copies offset, and shipping them himself.

How many paperbacks from your site are you anticipating selling/shipping each week?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lulu have their one app in the Shopify App store - Lulu xPress - specifically to sell print on demand books. The downside is that it's Lulu so the print quality isn't as good as Ingram, and their payment rates are some of the lowest among POD providers.

I'm fairly sure Ingram have a service available to drop ship books from their catalogue directly, but from memory it used to only be available to US residents, which I'm not, so I didn't look any further into it. You'd have to load each book as a product through shopify, but it could be a good option.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have seen some people use shopify to do extremely well selling books. so i figured this is another option because more than just sales, you get to FINALLY build a customer base/list that you can market to for the long run. and yes, i have heard of lulu but i was looking for some other additional options. thank you for replies. if there are anyone who sells their books directly (shopify or not), please chime in. I think this can be the new future as you get to build your OWN list and market to them in the long run. (You would need to market the books on facebook or youtube i'm guessing.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts