Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 5' 1" and weigh 101 lbs, I have always wanted to be just 2" taller so I could reach the top cupboards in the kitchen! Such a drag to have to get a chair all the time!
I also wear a size 2 shoe which is also a pain when you want to buy nice shoes. The kids section doesn't cut it either when I buy trainers. I don't do squeaky or flashing lights or bells on my laces.
How about you?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'm 5'4 and I still need a stool for my kitchen. Target has these great kids step-stools for the bathroom that are perfect for the kitchen. :) I'm actually the tallest women on my moms side. My grandmother was 5 ft. My mom is 5'2. Going by these stats my daughter should be 5'6. Okay so not exactly scientific but I'm can hope right?  ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, thank goodness my daughter grew to a massively tall 5'5", so pleased for her!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm 4'11" on a good day.  The only things I've ever minded about being short are having to use a step stool to reach things high up in a cabinet and having to have all my pants hemmed.  And stupid comments from folks who apparently think I've never heard it before.  ::) :D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Ooh I thought I'd be the shortest, but I'm 5'.  :)

I actually don't mind being short at all. Well, except when people hold things out of reach, but then I just kick their shins. ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I know how you guys feel. I am 5'3 and my top cabinets must of been bulit for giants and some are above the refrigerator now there's no way I will reach them. I guess the biggest pain for me is when I'm shopping trying to look for other sizes and darn it I cannot see those tags so far up. I just keep that long thing they use to get the clothes down with. lol. I will need it again and again. 

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Pawz4me said:
The only things I've ever minded about being short are having to use a step stool to reach things high up in a cabinet and having to have all my pants hemmed.
Oh, I hate having to hem all my pants. I'm 5'2" and everything is too long for me. :-\

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure I should be reading this thread but I find it quite amusing. All the females in my family are 5'3 or under. My wife's 5'6 and she's the tallest.

I particularly enjoyed the comment. 'I'm 4'11 on a good day...' :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Well, ladies, I think I've got you all beat. I'm 4' 10". And, yes, it's the pits when you can't reach anything. I've learned to reach upper cupboards by opening the bottom one and stepping up. I think the worst is when I get an elbow in my eye from someone who doesn't see me.

As for all the short jokes, I've heard them all and am not amused.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm 5'1" and the shortest one in my family. All 4 of my brothers are all at least 6' tall. They think it's funny to call me their "little" sister. I'm the oldest and they are all still bratty little brothers even though the youngest is 30. :p

Thankfully I don't have trouble with pants fitting since I have long legs so I can wear regular length pants without hemming. Reaching things is another story. I'm use to climbing on the counter if necessary. Scares the crap out of husband every time he sees me climbing to reach something. You'd think he'd be use to it by now. lol

my 12 year old daughter is 3 or 4 inches taller than me already and my 10 yo daughter is only 2 inches shorter than me. The 9 year old girl is rapidly catching up but as she is my only bio daughter I suspect she may not get much taller than me if at all. She's the spitting image of me as a child. My 12 year old son is sorely disappointed that he is not taller than me and two of his sisters are already taller than him. I'm sure he'll get there before we know it though.

Over all I don't mind being short. It's just the way I am but every once in a while someone makes a stupid comment that irritates me.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
5'0". 

deb

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
5 one. My family blames is on my caffeine intake (coffee drinker since I was 12).  So I am a whole inch shorter than my mother. I am 2 inches taller than my cousin and both grandmothers.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm 5'2". My older daughter is slightly taller than me, while the younger of my daughters is barely 5'0".

G

·
geoffthomas said:
My wife is 5'2" and I think it is the perfect height for a woman.

(I am 6', but that really doesn't matter)

Just sayin....
I don't know what it is, but I've known so many extremely short girls who really only go out with extremely tall guys. I see it everywhere. There must be a psychological/sociological name for it or something!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm not a short female. I'm actually a 6' tall male.

However, I just wanted to comment that nearly every woman I've ever dated has been 5' 2" including my wife. I'm not sure what it is about that height, but it's been nearly unanimous for my entire life. 5' 2" seems to be the perfect height for a woman, I think.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Dara England said:
Oh, I hate having to hem all my pants. I'm 5'2" and everything is too long for me. :-\
Ditto that! I'm 5' and pants are always to long. Oh and don't get me started on capris... more like highwaters. :p

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, as a couple of the other gentlemen on here have said of themselves, I'm also not a short woman... but I very much enjoy dating them... :D

While I'm currently single, my last serious girlfriend was 5'0 exactly and weighed 100lbs.  About two years before I dated her, I dated a young lady who was 4'10 and weighed 94lbs.  I'm not a tall man, or slender... just under 5'10 and about 210lbs... but apparently I'm attractive to very short, pixie-sized women.  Which, if they're also smart, funny, creative, and love to dance, suits me just fine!  ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm about 5'3" (was 5'4" when I did yoga  :-\) and I'm shocked to feel so tall around here!  I'm taller than my mother and grandmother which feels awkward to me.  My stepfather's mother was 5'9" and she used to tease us for being short (all the males in the family are 6'2"+) but her mother was about 4'10" and she didn't have a problem controlling her 6 kids including caring for a quadriplegic into her 80's.  My brother had to go and marry a girl who's 5'11".... go figure!

Guys, we're attracted to you because it's much easier to marry a guy who can reach the top shelf than it is to grab a chair from the dining room every time; you're attracted to us because you love a damsel in distress!    ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts