Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got two short stories for sale and I suppose they're in a niche genre - Short stories/ horror?

Has anyone had much success running free promo's in this genre? ( short horror stories)

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm writing in the same genre and my works are on the shorter side as well. I wish I had something more helpful to report, however there seems little in the way of promotion for horror-- especially where shorter works are concerned.

I came upon this site a few days ago. It looks promising, however I don't really meet the requirements, as they're looking for at least 10 reviews. It's a shame, because it looks like a good site.

In the past, I've had a little luck promoting my horror freebies using the non-horror-themed sites like ENT, but these days they're a pretty tough nut to crack, at least in my experience. Short stuff with few reviews is a tough sell anywhere. Factor in the fact that horror isn't as marketable as some of the other genres and promotion can be rather difficult. Perhaps you'll fare better, though.

If you're willing to pay for promotions and your book has the reviews, I hear BookBub works great.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OJ. That site is good and I've picked up a few bargains being on the mailing list! It certainly is a tough but and I was told recently (on here) that bookbub won't take short stories at all, let alone horror. Might have to start writing erotic fiction. How about short erotic horror stories? Lol!

·
Registered
237 Posts
How about short erotic horror stories? Lol!
Haha, it's a niche, but I hear that stuff sells really well.

I would be interested in hearing from other horror writers; are there any reliable promotional tools out there for our genre, or do we have to transcend to Scott Nicholson status before making use of any worthwhile promotional tools? Us little guys need love too :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Come on, guys. I know someone out there has the marketing silver bullet we need to become bestsellers in our genre. All I'm hearing in this thread is crickets, and as we all know, crickets are miserable advertisers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Here's a Facebook group dedicated to Horror freebies - https://www.facebook.com/groups/257524264367695/

Anyone can become a member and any member can post. The people running the group encourage authors to post their own books as well as any others.

Other than that, I'll take any spec fic books that are free or $5 and under. (Link in my sig)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts