Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
In my very limited experience, I've made much more money by selling to magazines and anthologies than in self publishing short stories.

Many mags have a one year exclusive--my plan is to sell, then when the one year is up, compile and self publish.

·
Registered
13,280 Posts
bethrevis said:
In my very limited experience, I've made much more money by selling to magazines and anthologies than in self publishing short stories.

Many mags have a one year exclusive--my plan is to sell, then when the one year is up, compile and self publish.
This.

Although I'm not sure about the compiling. I've put my short stories separately in KU for the borrows. That way you get much more than 35c if someone reads it. I've found that the number of borrows are somewhat related to the calibre of the magazine that the story was originally published in.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
Although I'm not sure about the compiling.
I did one story 99c/KU, and compiled it and the other five into a collection for $2.99. Still certainly learning as I go--I only recently did this--and it may make more sense to split more up in the future.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, well, thanks for the input.  I will look into the current markets and see what's a good fit for submissions. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts