Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my authors Kim Harrison has new book coming out next month:

There is NO preorder for the Kindle version! I have the DTB preordered but I'd like it on my kindle also. Yep Vampyre is a bad bad influence :p

I wouldn't have been worried if I didn't see another favorite author whose new book is already up for a kindle preorder!

So why would Brigg's book be up for preorder but not Harrison's? I am very worried.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Haven't we seen this before where there is no pre-order for the Kindle version, yet is shows up a day or two after the hardcover is released? 

On the other hand, there is Fearless Fourteen.  We had to wait months for the K-version.

I think they like to keep us in suspense.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jmiked said:
Publishing schedules? Not everything can be done at once.
But they have only a (roughly) 2 week difference in publication! They both are very popular, high selling authors in the same genre (urban fantasy/contempory fantasy). So its not like they are obscure authors.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Amazon has only recently started offering any kindle "preorders" at all, and they have been extremely sporadic.  I buy a lot of just released books, and it seems to me that the kindle version averages about 48 hours behind the print version (most of the time without any preorder option), although I've seen them take up to 2 weeks.  Then again, I've also seen the kindle version release BEFORE the paper version, so I guess it balances out.

If other books by your favorite author are on kindle, chances are quite good this one will be as well.  If it's not available within a couple of weeks of the paper version I might start wondering, but otherwise I wouldn't panic :) .

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've gotten three books in the last two months that had no Kindle Pre-Order but did have a DTB Pre-Order and the Kindle edition was released the same day as the DTB.

My advice is to wait and see. Check for a Kindle edition on the release date...it will probably be there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts