Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading one of the book from the Southern Vampire Series (I forget which one, cuz I read all of them in the last week), and I noticed some of the words were incomplete. If there was a word with the sequence 'fi' in it (in that order), the 'f' and the 'i' wouldn't be there. So the word fingernail -> .ngernail. finish- .nish. Should I call Amazon or could it be my kindle? or maybe the file downloaded wrong? This only occurred with this particular book (that I read so far)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Is it happening with any other books? If not, then it probably is not the Kindle. I suppose you could try downloading again, but if it is a problem with the formatting I would report it and ask for my money back!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
I was reading one of the book from the Southern Vampire Series (I forget which one, cuz I read all of them in the last week), and I noticed some of the words were incomplete. If there was a word with the sequence 'fi' in it (in that order), the 'f' and the 'i' wouldn't be there. So the word fingernail -> .ngernail. finish- .nish. Should I call Amazon or could it be my kindle? or maybe the file downloaded wrong? This only occurred with this particular book (that I read so far)
I would email Amazon about it because the book is probably formatted incorrectly and needs to be correctly formatted.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I shall email them...tomorrow...after my exam. I still have to go back and find which book had this issue

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
That sounds like a book that was converted from a PDF to some sort of other file (Word?) and then converted to the Kindle edition. With certain fonts, combinations of F with other letters turn into periods like that.

I would contact Amazon to let them know. There have been cases where books have been taken down to be reformatted.

L

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wonder if it was book 6 - Definitely Dead.

I have just started that one this weekend and have noticed the same thing.  Let me know what you find out...

Thanks!

G

·
That's a shame you're having problesm with those books.  They are some of my favorites.  Did changing the font size affect anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts