Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently republished two of my three books after a long hiatus, busy editing. I realized Amazon had created a link with the name of my book series, but when I followed it, the first book wasn't mine. Someone had chosen the same name for his series.

Could it confuse/put readers off ? Should I change the name of the series? The genres are very different. The other book is about Christianity while mine are about a gay family, and I'm afraid readers will see the first book, assume mine are "spiritual" too and leave.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I don't think it would hurt you to change it at least a little, since there's the possibility either way that someone will be disappointed if they get confused.

You could try emailing kdp support but not sure if they can fix it if both series have the exact same name. The series sorting thing in general isn't always so good. Mine used to only have two of six books show up and quite a few different authors, even though the series names were different, it was just catching certain words. But now when I just went to check all my books were there and nobody else's so there's hope for it!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had a similar situation, my series (Crow) showed other books as well. I didn't think I'd get far asking Amazon to fix it, since technically the link was correctly showing all the books with a series titled like that. So I changed my books to Crow Soulmates series and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the advice. I guess it would be worse if the other writer wrote the same genre. Still, I think I'll ask Amazon if they can fix it, and then perhaps change the name a bit as Arshness suggested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts