Kindle Forum banner

Should I fully deplete the charge on my new kindle before plugging it in?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Dori 
#1 ·
Hi,

Searched on the forums but can't seem to find this post.  I'm getting my Kindle tomorrow - and I'm wondering whether I should fully deplete whatever charge comes with the Kindle before charging it.  I'm worried about the whole batteries having a memory issue.  What have others done?

Thanks!  I can't wait for Fedex to come tomorrow ^__^

#5 ·
If you haven't done so already, please follow the instructions on the Start Kindling sticker that was attached to your Kindle display and plug in your Kindle to charge the battery. The charge indicator light will illuminate on the bottom edge of your Kindle and a lightning bolt will appear on the battery icon at the bottom of the display. Charging the battery fully should take less than two hours and you can continue reading while it charges. Tip: The charge indicator light will turn off when the battery is fully charged and will come back on after the battery has run down a bit and Kindle "tops off" the charge.

The above is from the instructions you will receive with your new Kindle.  Welcome to the club!

#9 ·
Dori said:
Read the booklet that comes in the box with the Kindle, it says to charge often and battery lasts longer if you do not run it all the way down.
There is a booklet that comes with the Kindle??? Just joking!!! But seriously, I still have not removed that booklet from it's original packaging... I spent 2 days reading the FAQ thread on Amazon and a week here before Kindle with no name arrived and really have had no need to refer to said booklet! Also, Leslie's FAQ was my first Kindle book purchase.

I just love this place... I am not a user's guide/manual kinda girl!! ;D

#10 ·
I downloaded the  User Guide when I ordered my Kindle.  I printed it, numbered the pages  and put page numbers on the table of contents and read it three times before my Kindle arrived (4 days later) I have that in a 3 ring binder.  The only thing that really registered from the booklet in the Kindle box was the battery recharge info.  I am the girl that buys appliances at yard sales sometimes, finds the website and downloads the user guide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.