Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for those of you who've done KDP promos before, should I keep mine going on Saturday?  Right now the book that's doing the best (The ABC's of Freezer Cooking) is #1 and #2 in both of it's categories and #47 in all Kindle free books.  I hate to stop the momentum, but I'm not sure if I would be better served with a 3 day promo at a later date.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
It's #33 now, I see. Your next question should be, "Can I replicate this the next time the book goes free?"

If the answer is "probably" or "yes" or even "maybe," I would run it one more day, then save 2 days for another promo.

If the answer is "I don't know" or "probably not, all the sites mentioned it this time," then let it run out all 5 days this time.

My coupla cents worth, at least :). Congrats on an awesome run.

Just as it's taking a lot more sales to stay high in the paid rankings, it's taking a whole lot of downloads to toss a book into the Top 100 much less the Top 50. That book is working extra hard right now!

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
KM Logan said:
I took your advice and decided to extend the promo it's #10 today : ) I'm over the moon, we'll see how that helps sales next week.
That's awesome, KM -- congrats! At this point, the additional downloads will push the book higher on the popularity lists, where it will remain visible to shoppers for the next 30 days. Even if you only add another 6K downloads over the additional three days, it'll make a difference to the overall boost and will delay the fall down the popularity lists by a few more days. I think you're giving your book the best possible chance to catch fire when it goes back to paid.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to find my old post that I started, but apparently I still don't know how to work this website. (Here's the print version http://www.kboards.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=137489.0)

So long story short when I was debating about extending my 2 day promo for "The ABC's of Freezer Cooking" it was at #47 in the top 100, and Phoenix Sullivan suggested I extend my promo for the full 5 days. And, (Praise the Lord!) it made it to #3 on the Freebie list right below "Les Mis" and "Wait For Me" both fiction so I got #1 for the non-fiction spot. I have NEVER had a promo THIS successful. Even better I've sold more books in the past 3 days than in all of last year.

So a huge thank you to everyone who has so kindly given me advice over the past year, I feel like such a little fish in a really big ocean at times.
And I'm sure I will be posting more questions in the coming weeks about how to keep the momentum going and when I should up my price to $2.99 instead of $.99 but just writing to say THANK YOU, to everyone who has taken the time to help me out.

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Hi, KM,
  I merged your post with your earlier thread. Congratulations on a *very* successful promo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts