Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
As a reader, I wouldn't care for it.

And I've accepted friend requests from authors here, but then they started sending me invites to groups reading their books...so now I'm leary of accepting friend requests from authors.  Just sayin'.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
J. B. Cantwell said:
Thanks, guys. Points taken. Glad I asked!
I think that's really good. I found that after giveaways and reviews on Goodreads, I received friend requests. It felt good to know that I hadn't bugged anyone by asking requests of people who might not want them. On the other hand, I have sent out friend requests to other writers.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Generally best not to pester people.  If they're interested in knowing you, they'll reach out to you.  Most of the time, they're just after the freebie.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've dabbled a tiny bit inviting people manually, but found it really wasn't worth it. Nobody really cares if random author invites them as a friend. Those are the myspace "friend list adding" days. They're over. Went down with that ship (I know that because I sank with the captain). On Goodreads, what you want to do instead is do giveaways and also invite your Twitter followers via the Goodreads internal invite system. Maybe participate as a reader if you want. Other than that, focus on building your mailing list via backmatter-of-book invites, Twitter, FB, and especially your blog. And write more books of course :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts